Ericsson Java Lead Developer in Athlone, Ireland
Java Lead Developer
Ericsson Athlone is responsible for creating the world class software systems which allow mobile operators manage, optimize and analyze their networks.
The Ericsson Software Campus in Athlone has over 800 Engineers onsite and is the main development centre for ENM (Ericsson Network Manager), OSS RC, ENIQ and SON (Self Organising Network) product lines. The OSS is the global market leader in mobile telecoms network management. The OSS system is delivered into 320 operators in 150 countries and manages over 1 Billion subscribers.
Here is a video of the Ericsson Software Campus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiyVS5_-Eg0
We are looking for *Java Lead Developers *to join our state of the art R&D; Software Development Campus in Athlone. You will join as a Senior Engineer, developing in a full agile process using Scrum methodology.
The job will involve leading a team of Java Developers building Scalable, highly-available Management features for 3G, 4G and 5G Networks, including deploying systems in Cloud environments. Working in an Agile manner, you will drive the implementation of customer features.
Experience in some of the following is desirable:
- At least 5 years’ experience in Core Java or JEE development preferably in a technical leadership position.
- Experience in implementing large scale Cloud deployments
- Experience in openstack development
- Hands-on experience with EJB 3.x (SLSB, MDB, SFSB) and JMS in general. Practical knowledge of best coding/design practices and patterns, optimizations, scaling and clustering
- Hands-on experience with clustering in JEE environments, HA, replication and scale-out of backend JEE components
- Hands-on experience with at least one major JEE application server is required (JBoss is an advantage). Basic configuration and administration, deployment and optimization.
- Experience with distributed caching (Coherence, Infinispan) and other NoSQL systems
- Experience with REST and/or SOA
- Experience with workflow engines and business rules engines/CEP engines
- Knowledge of JMX, RMI, JCA, JPA, JTA, SQL, JEE security
- Knowledge of web GUI technologies (especially GWT) would be considered an advantage
- Basic Linux/Unix knowledge
The following certifications are desirable:
- Sun/Oracle Certified Enterprise Architect (SCEA)
- Sun/Oracle Certified Business Component Developer (SCBCD)
- Sun/Oracle Certified Web Component Developer (SCWCD)
- Sun/Oracle Certified Master Java SE 6 Developer
- Sun/Oracle Certified Programmer Professional
Please submit your details via our careers page http://www.ericsson.com/careers
To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com or use the links here.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Ireland (IE) || Westmeath || Athlone || R&D;