Symantec Deal Desk Commercial Finance Analyst EMEA Sales Finance in Blanchardstown, Ireland
Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ:SYMC), the world’s leading cyber security company, helps organizations, governments and people secure their most important data wherever it lives. Organizations across the world look to Symantec for strategic, integrated solutions to defend against sophisticated attacks across endpoints, cloud and infrastructure. Likewise, a global community of more than 50 million people and families rely on Symantec’s Norton and LifeLock product suites to protect their digital lives at home and across their devices. Symantec operates one of the world’s largest civilian cyber intelligence networks, allowing it to see and protect against the most advanced threats. For additional information, please visit www.symantec.com or connect with us on Facebook , Twitter , and LinkedIn .
We are hiring 2 x Commercial Deal Desk Finance Analysts as part of our Financial Planning & Analysis team based in Dublin. The person will have experience supporting sales finance across EMEA Countries
• First point of contact on all non-standard pricing and deal structuring queries.
• Provide recommendations to management on the profitability, viability and strategic nature of specific deals
• Capturing key internal business trends regionally including competitive positioning, product sales within regions, average discounts, win/loss analysis, and other key market insights and trends.
• Assist in reviewing complex bid documents and contracts to ensure that we are able to meet all requirements from a Revenue Recognition and Legal perspective.
• Develop strong relationship that can be transferred across the business, this is vital as the first point of contact for many separate business units including; Legal, Finance, Support, Professional Services, Compliance and Revenue Recognition teams
• Ensuring sales and broader business functions have a clear understanding of the company’s corporate responsibility policies and ensure deals meet the compliance standards expected.
• Work as part of the Sales Finance function to ensure the company is reaching its overall goals in regards to profitability, margin and market share.
- Ensuring that relevant deals and transactions have approvals in place and ensuring the approval matrices are kept updated.
• Previous Tech Industry, Deal Desk, Finance, Operations experience desirable
• Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams to achieve timely and successful results.
• Strong communication skills and an ability to build relationships with other functions.
• Ability to prioritise workload, operate in an ambiguous environment and excellent organizational skills are essential.
• Background in analyzing financial metrics and making appropriate recommendations
• Ability to think outside the box in commercial situations to find viable solutions that work both internally and for customers.
• Experience with software revenue recognition principles is an advantage
• Intermediate / Advanced MS Excel skills and knowledge of SFDC / Oracle would be an advantage
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Relentlessly protect the world’s information. Make a difference at Symantec. Across the globe, we are an ‘essential’ partner to both consumers and businesses of all sizes. We combine our talents, our brains, and our creative energy to reinforce our place as a world-class technical community.
Our most critical asset at Symantec is the talent we hire - you! We look for people who have a desire to excel and reflect our values: Innovation, Action, Customer-Driven, and Trust. We recognize that every opening in our company is a chance to increase Symantec's competitive advantage, and we are willing to invest in you in order to win.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Symantec will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Symantec, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact HR Service Exchange at https://symantec.service-now.com/hrp/ .
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Symantec Corporation are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf to find out more.