Symantec Sr Tech Support Engineer in Blanchardstown, Ireland
Relentlessly protect the world's information. Make a difference at Symantec. Across the globe, we are an ‘essential' partner to both consumers and businesses of all sizes. We combine our talents, our brains, and our creative energy to reinforce our place as a world-class technical community.
The Enterprise Support Services (ESS) provides Symantec's customers with world class technical and engineering support across Symantec's Endpoint Organization product portfolio.
As a Technical Support Engineer you will be part of the EMEA Endpoint teams, your main focus will initially be Symantec Endpoint Protection but with experience you will be expected to support several of Symantec’s products.
The teams are responsible for providing advanced technical and engineering support to Symantec's Enterprise customers within the Europe, Middle East and Africa sales territories and business hours shift.
• Provide technical information and diagnostic assistance that will reduce the overall time to resolution of customer issues, via phone, e-mail, support forum postings, and web case submissions.
• Communicate effectively with peers to ensure that technical issues are addressed in a timely manner.
• Represent Symantec support through conference calls with customers, internal stakeholders and third parties to engage next level issue resolution.
• Exhibit a willingness to help out in any way when the workload becomes abnormally heavy or when team members are away from the office
• Document and report design, reliability and maintenance issues.
• Work as part of a Follow the Sun 365-day operation.
• Participate in new product releases and beta cycles to ensure information and training requirements are met to support new products.
• Research a wide variety of technical subjects including operating systems, Symantec software, security and third party applications.
• Log all activity details into the case management system, and keep all cases up-to-date by logging actions taken, emails, contacts, and other pertinent information.
• Consistently share problem/cause/resolution information, troubleshooting tips, white papers, best practices, case studies, training information, etc., for the issues that you work on with customers by creating knowledge base articles. Help to keep the knowledge base up to date by updating and modifying information as needed.
• Provide leadership in processes and procedures that will improve overall effectiveness of Support.
• Provide on-site customer assistance as required.
• Be able to work comfortably in a fast paced environment.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Italian
• Proven Technical support experience is essential
• Customer service and troubleshooting skills are required for this position as well as organizational skills, and the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
• The ideal candidate will be familiar with Symantec products and architecture, able to troubleshoot and identify network and software issues.
• Desired technical skills/experience include:
[SEP] Symantec Endpoint Protection, Microsoft Windows (servers, desktops, Active Directory, etc), databases (pref. Microsoft SQL Server), Microsoft IIS, VB scripting (or similar), DNS, TCP/IP, Unix/Linux, Mac OS X and a sound working knowledge of network and computer security.
Minimum 2 years of solid experience with Operating System Software i.e. Windows Server 2008/2012, Linux, UNIX (Solaris)
PC/Networking experience required
SQL and shell scripting
IIS http/ https
SSCM experience is an advantage
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Relentlessly protect the world’s information. Make a difference at Symantec. Across the globe, we are an ‘essential’ partner to both consumers and businesses of all sizes. We combine our talents, our brains, and our creative energy to reinforce our place as a world-class technical community.
Our most critical asset at Symantec is the talent we hire - you! We look for people who have a desire to excel and reflect our values: Innovation, Action, Customer-Driven, and Trust. We recognize that every opening in our company is a chance to increase Symantec's competitive advantage, and we are willing to invest in you in order to win.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Symantec will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Symantec, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact HR Service Exchange at https://symantec.service-now.com/hrp/ .
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Symantec Corporation are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf to find out more.