Stryker Senior Engineer, Manufacturing in Carrigtwohill, Ireland
Requisition ID 22139BR
Job Title Senior Engineer, Manufacturing
Group Global Quality and Ops
Division SGS Manufacturing
Business Unit EUA Ireland Ops
Business Function Engineering
Employment Category Full Time
Percent Travel Required Up to 10%
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including reconstructive, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives. Stryker products and services are available in over 100 countries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Job Description / Information
The senior Engineer will Provide advanced technical and engineering support to a project or function. This engineer will have the required engineering competencies and systems training to support a manufacturing area or project.
• Application of a prioritised approach in Value Centred Engineering toward achieving key opportunities in quality, service and cost.
• Works with Engineering leaders to deliver business objectives
• Responsible for assisting in the development of a world class-manufacturing group that is proficient in process improvement and problem solving manufacturing issues using Six-Sigma tools.
• Providing technical leadership on all product and process issues.
• Line performance monitoring, and the compilation and execution of structured event plans to remediate systemic issues that drive sub-optimal performance.
• Development and implementation of appropriate supporting documentation, SOPs and process work instructions compliant with current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
• Leading technical improvements under the business’s Continuous Improvement Program (CIP).
• Transferring and implementing processes, either from development, or from another manufacturing facility.
• Provision of technical leadership/guidance for the Process / maintenance Technicians and other Manufacturing / Equipment Engineers on the team.
•Provide engineering support for new Product and new process introduction, ensuring that all activities are completed and documented in accordance with Stryker New product Development Process.
• Process validation for products and processes; VP, IQ, OQ, PQ and associated documentation.
• Conduct Gauge R&R studies for products and new processes.
• Carry out structured problem solving.
• Responsibility for projects (value stream and cross functional) as assigned by the company, including the scoping, approval, budgeting, specification, execution, qualification and operational handover as appropriate.
• Actively interfacing with cross-functional team members and 3rd party Vendors, and always practicing good team work in support of the day to day operating requirements, and in pursuit of achieving the business targets
• Fostering a work environment of continuous improvement that supports SYK’s Quality Policy, Quality System, and the appropriate regulations for the area they support, in particular ensuring that employees are trained to do their work and their training is documented.
• Observing the Quality Management Systems requirements on site at all times
• Continuous monitoring and reporting of variables that feed into the business performance metrics, and pro-active identification and resolution of issues around any deficits in same.
• Adherence to, and enforcement of all Environment Health and Safety (EHS) requirements on site
• Elimination and/or management of material risks on the production floor in co-operation with Supplier Quality engineers
• Undertaking, where appropriate, a Subject Matter Expert’s role for Regulatory Audit purposes
• Provision of out-of-hours support to the business as required by management or as mandated by shutdowns and/or equipment failures.
• All other duties as assigned.
Level 8 Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical experienceis required.
Proven Project Management skills through the delivery of business critical projects.
Has 2-4 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
Strong communication and influencing skills with both internal and external agents.
Capable of technical leading, influencing and providing technical direction to Engineers, Coop Students, Technicians and operators as required.
Capable of working as part of a multi-disciplined team in an aggressive, dynamic and results motivated environment
Demonstrable analytical & problem solving skills, a process improvement orientation, and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment
Excellent presentation and written / verbal communication skills
Demonstrable ability to work autonomously
A team player, with a flexible approach.
Technological pioneer, willing to source, investigate and implement technological and automation advances
Confident and effective decision maker, with a proven leadership ability to negotiate and influence others.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability