Danaher Corporation Production Scientist in Clare, Ireland
Danaher Company Description
Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems are found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world and produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. Hospital laboratories are our core clinical diagnostic customers. Our life science customers include pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, universities, medical schools and research institutions. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on six continents. For more than 75 years, our products have been making a difference in peoples lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care.
Main Responsibilities :
- to ensure the Formulation and in-process testing of the full range of Access immunoassay Reagents to the highest possible quality standards in accordance with GMP, GLP, ISO, FDA and internal procedures, while maintaining all quality specification, cost and delivery requirements. This includes raw material processing and testing, buffer/ diluent manufacture, the purification and conjugation of antibodies, micro particle coupling and reagent bulking and in-process testing.
- To review documentation, verifying test date and release in-process and working strength components.
- To apply Lean Manufacturing techniques to improve business process and key performance metrics. Participate in DBS/ Lean Six Sigma activities/ projects. To ensure adequate supplies of consumables and test standards and controls are available to ensure that the production schedule is met.
- To interact with technical operations, quality assurance and quality control tom implement improvements to current processes and expedite problems with reagents.
- To actively participate on product transfers to ensure the successful and timely introduction of new products. to support the site validation program with specific focus on the equipment and process validation.
- To write and review standard operating procedures. To support the calibration and preventative maintenance programs. to assist in training other production scientists in manufacturing processes.
- To maintain the area in an audit ready state and participate in area audits (internal and external) and provide information for auditors and deal directly with auditors when required. Upkeep of area logs and review and approval logs.
- Completion of all required training and to keep own training plans up to date as required.
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar manufacturing environment
- Ability to read and understand detailed standard operating procedures
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of a team is essential
- Good knowledge of GMP/GLP, ISO/ FDA required.
- Knowledge/ experience of Lean Six Sigma would be a distinct advantage
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science and technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life around the world. Our family of world class brands have unparalleled leadership positions in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including health care, environmental and communications. We are a globally diverse team of 66,000 associates united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our ultimate competitive advantage. In 2013, we generated $19.1 billion in revenue and our market capitalization exceeded $50 billion. We are ranked #152 on the Fortune 500 and, during the past 20 years, our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 Index by nearly 2,800 percent.
At Danaher, you’ll have the opportunity to build a career in a way no other company or environment can duplicate. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and most importantly, like to win. Why? Because it’s fun! But, when it comes to the development of our leaders and associates, we’re serious. Our business is growing, and we need top talented people to keep winning. The breadth and depth of our family of brands makes it possible for us to offer a variety of dynamic and challenging career opportunities across multiple global industries. Working with us, you’ll have the unique experience to learn the Danaher Business System, our common operating system used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create tremendous value for customers and shareholders. At Danaher, great people do extraordinary things. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Diagnostics
Job Function: Manufacturing & Operations
Primary Location: EMEA-Western Europe-Ireland-M-Clare
Req ID: BEC006359