Ingersoll Rand Senior Quality Engineer in Connaught, Ireland
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Ingersoll Rand is a $13 million company with locations and employees around the world working tirelessly to help customers advance in international markets in the areas of climate control, heating and air conditioning, industrial technology and safety and security.
To help the company grow, we are seeking an Industrialization and Quality Methods Engineer for our lifting equipment production site in Sin-le-Noble (59) in northern France. (See http://www.ingersollrandproducts.com/am-en/products/lifting )
The successful candidate will have responsibility for the daily Quality control of the Operations Quality in Galway to ensure robust quality is maintained. This role will involve driving strategic initiatives to drive the Zero Defect Goal in operations quality. As a Senior Process and Systems Quality Engineer you will have direct reports in the areas of Training and QMS and will also act a mentor/support to other areas of the Quality Department. This role will also be heavily involved in controlling Production Process KPIs to ensure that product is meeting Customer requirements and associated Quality KPI’s metrics. This position will report to the Galway Quality Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities :
- Site QMS lead managing all associated First/Second and Third party audits
- Monitoring anddevelopment of all Business Processes
- Manage the Corrective Action projects to ensure they are getting closed in atimely manner and mentorothers to ensure thorough root-cause analysis has been performed.
- Site lead in relation to management and execution of Control Plans includingSpecial Process(Hidden Quality)
- Lead Training Program for operational areas including Brazing Excellence
- Support Change activity especially NPD programs by becoming the Quality Leadon all NPD projects.
- Feedback performance at various stages of the process, to suppliers, designteam, quality team, andthe operations team, that leads to behavioral changes as well as performanceimprovements whenrequired. Monitor Production Control Plans and carry out Preventive Action toavoid product issues.
- Develop and implement systems to analyse and solve problems, carry out fullanalyses and actdecisively. See situations and problems through the eyes of the customer.
- Demonstrate a detailed knowledge of engineering and management processes,and use thisknowledge in decision making, coordinating the improvementprocess,and meeting customerrequirements ensuring that all products are built to TK specification and customerexpectation.
- Direct management responsibility for Trainers and Students ensuring that eachperson delivers ontheir day to day tasks as part of their function. Also driving continuous improvementwithin the training rolee.g. training documentation, versatility charts, training centre. Development througmentorship of eachperson in their roles.
- Management of all written assembly instructions (SOEs and OMS’s) and thetraining and re-training ofall production personnel.
- Management and continuous improvement of Special Process Control for allmanufacturingprocesses to ensure high levels of ‘unseen quality’ (eg soldering,foam, paint etc.)Ensuring that each of the processes is audited to standard and non-conformances are reported andactioned.
- Development, Management and analysis of site wide Quality metrics system – i.e.Product Yields, TestYields, Leak Rate performance, E-Coat quality data.
- Drive CAPA process to ensure continuous quality improvement and sustainmentacross crossfunctional team
Qualifications & Experience :
- Degree in Engineering/Science with a minimum of 10 years in Quality within amanufacturingenvironment.
- Six Sigma Qualification and high competence in data analysis and LEAN
- manufacturing.Black Belt
- qualification desirable.
- Qualified and experienced Lead Auditor.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: Connaught-Ireland
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jun 19, 2017, 6:33:43 AM