AbbVie Business Excellence Manager in Cork, Ireland
Based in Carrigtwohill, on the outskirts of Cork, we manufacture solid and capsule formulations in a modern ‘bulk tablet’ finish facility. We focus on innovative new technologies and with our high performing team; we develop and deliver products and processes to support AbbVie’s wider global needs. These range from small scale clinical trial supply to large commercial manufacturing .
We are always looking for talented people to join our team and, when we find them, we make it our business to treat them well. Choose AbbVie if you share our passion for improving the health and lives of patients.
To learn more about AbbVie in Ireland, please click on www.abbvie.ie or check us out on https://www.youtube.com/user/AbbVie
We are currently sourcing a high caliber, innovativeBusiness Excellence Managerto join our leadership team in Cork. Reporting to the Site Director, the successful candidate will manage implementation of overall OpEx (Operation Excellence) strategy for the site.The successful candidate will be interfacing with the various departments and extended leadership team to ensure the successful delivery of the strategy.
In this role, you will: *
- Establish an operational excellence (OpEx) strategy for the site
- Lead site strategy changes such as site manufacture strategy, masterplan and organisational design.
- Provide leadership utilizing Lean and Six Sigma methodologies to develop and lead key business initiatives for continuous improvement, productivity, quality, and cost improvement projects.
- Be the expert on OpEx methodology, Continuous Improvement and Troubleshooting tools
- Mentor Black Belts, Green Belts and other personnel on Lean and Six Sigma methodologies including coaching and training of all personnel on Operational Excellence tools and techniques
- Drive change and process improvement initiatives and assist management team with developing the business case to identify key improvement opportunities that are aligned with business priorities.
- Coordinate Process Improvement Teams (PIT) reviews and actions
- Track and report site metrics across all functional area’s
- Drives the site culture through communication and visibility of performance
- Liaise with the Global Operational Excellence Organisation
- Benchmark with other sites and industries on Business Excellence initiatives
Education & Experience *
- You will have a Bachelors Degree in Science, Engineering or Business
- Be Green Belt Qualified with Black Belt certification highly desired.
- Have 5 years' experience in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- Have 5 years’ experience with the design and installation of process equipment & facilities in the pharmaceutical industry (Desirable) or medical device industry
- Demonstrated project leadership, both direct and indirect resources management through 1-2-1 and team based coaching and mentoring
- Ability to influence, clearly articulate expectations and communicate key messaging is vital for this role
To learn more about who we are, click on www.abbvie.ie and also our various social media *
| Follow us: *
[Twitter28X28] [Facebook28X28] [LInkedIN28X28] [Youtube28X28] * * [GPTW]
Job Classification: Experienced
Job: SUPPLY CHAIN & MATERIALS MANAGEMENT
Primary Location: Ireland-Munster-Cork
Req ID: 1704738