Marriott Vacations Worldwide Holiday Planning Counselor - Spanish in Cork, Ireland
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
To provide excellent customer service to the Marriott Vacation Club International (MVW) owners and collaborating with associates by managing the processing of Owner issues and serving as a resource for owners relating to the MVW product, usage and resort information. To assist with all reservations, queries and issues in a timely manner and to a complete resolution. To be responsible for verbal interactions from MVCI owners concerning any usage queries. To be responsible for client's personal data accuracy and responsible for written interactions with clients through the CCR group.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Be available to answer all inbound calls in a timely and efficient manner by maintaining a business like manner at all times.
- Acknowledge and answer any personal written correspondence received from owners in a timely and efficient manner through the CCR representatives.
- Work as an advocate for the customer in resolving complaints and to educate them on the usage options of their vacation ownership.
- Actively participate in outbound telephone 'campaigns'.
- To ensure that all contacts and interactions with owners and clients are properly documented in SIEBEL contact application and the resolutions to all issues are responded to and closed within a satisfactory period of time.
- Exercise good judgment when handling customer calls and complaints.
- To ensure that all procedures, processes as it relates to Owner Usage, Marriott Rewards, Interval International and promotion changes etc are followed as per My-SOURCE and COMPASS.
- Responsible for assisting owners with their finance-related issues, including maintenance fee and loan collection and account status enquiries.
- Assist with owner exchange requests and liaise with Marriott Rewards and Interval International accordingly, including membership requests, confirmations, account updates and certificate issuance/renewal.
- Translate Vacation Experience documentation on an 'ad-hoc' basis.
- To help create an ongoing effort to improve the department through personal action and by contributing ideas to support and enhance our customer service programme.
- To become an independent associate and to be able to analyze problems and to formulate plans to overcome challenges, to get work done efficiently with a high degree of quality.
- To make sound and logical decisions and to choose appropriate courses of action based on the parameters of the situation at hand and to use the problem solving tools that are available throughout the total quality management process
- To use Standard Operating Procedures of Vacation Experience outlined in MY-SOURCE & COMPASS Marriott Corporation Standard Operating Procedures, and any Local Standard Operating Procedures as a guide to the standards and practices which are to be followed by all associates in this department and discipline so that questions may be correctly answered, problems may be resolved, and compliance with all laws and company policies may be ensured.
- To maintain a clean, neat well organized work place which projects a professional atmosphere and free of hazards
- To cross train and to be familiar with and competent in the performance and understanding of other functions required of this department and be able to fill in as required and as directed in the absence of associates who are normally responsible for those duties.
- The ability to function calmly in a fast paced environment handling multiple priorities simultaneously. To be able to modify plans, actions, and decisions in light of changing situations and circumstances.
- To have demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and written in a positive encouraging manner with associates and managers.
- To carry out any tasks as required by the, immediate Manager -- Operations, Team Leader -- Operations, Senior Manager -- Operations and VP, Service Fulfillment.
- Proficiency in the English language required.
- Proficiency in English and a foreign language such as Spanish, French, Italian, German and Arabic required should the position posting specify the language.
- Perform all tasks in a timely manner ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Comply with MVW and Marriott International polices and procedures.
- Be proactive and have a flexible approach to work, meeting the needs of the team and the business at all times.
- Maintain an attitude and commitment to provide excellent service to all customers and associates. Respond sensitively to the needs and feelings of others, regardless of status or position; accept interpersonal differences and maintain a constructive rapport with all associates and customers.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of all Marriott product lines & systems, including CRIS, SIEBEL, PURE, UNIVERSE, LOANSERVE, CONCORD INTERLINK, SUPERUSER, MY-SOURCE, COMPASS, II SERVICES, TIMESHARE WARE and OUTLOOK programs.
- To be able to demonstrate a strong knowledge of the Marriott Rewards Program and MVW operation. A thorough understanding of current / past promotions is essential.
- Maintain computer systems knowledge (Windows XP, E:Mail, Word etc)
- Work with all MVW colleagues as a team, supporting the needs within that team and those of the business at all times.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled