VMware Inside Sales Associate Graduate with French - VMware Sales Academy (Start: July 2017) in Cork, Ireland
Location: Cork, Ireland
Start: 17th July 2017
VMware invests for the future in VMware’s Inside Sales Organization through the VMware Sales Academy. The VMware Sales Academy (VSA) is an extensive training program with different tracks: Inside Sales, Technical Presales & Professional Services. The academy involves sales, technical and product training for all participants. Following training, successful participants that apply for this track will be moved into an Inside Sales Role: the next step in their VMware Journey. We're looking for people who love to win, have strong business ethics and great communication skills.
VMware sales delivers revolutionizing data centers and IT enterprise network solutions through products and services. Our sales team is responsible for driving new business, building customer loyalty, ensuring high product retention rates, supporting and promoting corporate strategy and initiatives, and developing and executing area business plans.
We are investing for the future in VMware’s Inside Sales Operation in Cork, Ireland and are building a team of graduate level Inside Sales resources to fill future role vacancies and support future expansion of a number of Inside Sales functions, including, Internal Territory Executives (ITEs) and sales solution specialists with a long term view to field sales role progression back in your home country based field sales territories.
Graduate Program Overview:
Successful candidates selected for the graduate team will undergo 20 weeks of training to include participation in a variety of customer and partner facing sales activities/tasks. Development is very hands-on and practical with an emphasis on experiential learning by doing. Topics to be trained include: Fundamental Sales Skills, Distance Selling, Commercial Presentation skills, Account Management and VMware Technologies
After successfully completing the training period, graduates progress into a role within the Sales Associate lead generation and lead management team, for approximately 24-36 months. Following this, graduates who perform competently, will then progress into primary customer facing (ITE) sales roles in their home countries, typical responsibilities of which are detailed below:
The ITE is responsible for all duties from prospecting to closing accounts with the channel sales team and Territory Executives for the territories they support.
• Be a key member and contributor to the EMEA Sales and Field Marketing teams
• Develop and maintain proficient knowledge of products and services, industry trends, and competition
• Maintain current and accurate account and contact information within internal databases
• Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest and obtain business requirements.
• Build and develop customer relationships for both opportunity engagement as well as longer-term commitment with a strong track record in Remote Sales Management
• Actively promote VMware’s suite of solutions, products and services to suspects, customers and partners (placing focus upon selected PowerPlay products)
• Collaborate with the Channel Ecosystem, leverage the scalability of partners and manage Ad+ opportunity registrations within territory
• Engage proactively in Cross sell & Up-sell sales activities which drive incremental VMware solution adoption amongst the existing VMware customer base.
• Successfully manage and overcome prospect objections
• Update forecast and opportunity details within Salesforce.com to ensure accurate territory forecasts
• Drive, control and take responsibility for the weekly sales forecast, paying specific attention to updating opportunity details within Salesforce.com, ensuring accurate territory forecasts
• General territory admin duties special pricing forms, re-assignment management, customer/partner escalations
Graduate Team requirements:
• A persistent, self-starter with a track record of success in their academic career to date.
• A team player keen to work and succeed in a high-energy high-collaboration environment.
• Positive and energetic phone manner, excellent listening and interpersonal skills, strong writing skills.
• Positive and energetic commercial interests and abilities.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks at once, and operate successfully in a rapidly changing environment
• The highest level of integrity
• Proficient with standard corporate productivity tools (email, voicemail, MS Office)
• A basic understanding of computing technology and comfort discussing technology with customers
• College degree or equivalent
• Fluency in French & English essential
• A career objective to progress to a field sales role in our French based field sales territories.
Before you join, VMware will require you to go through a pre-employment screening process. This means that we will want to verify your details and the information you have given us to ensure your suitability for a certain role.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.