VMware Manager, EMEA PSO Deal Desk Operations in Cork, Ireland
The role reports to the Director, EMEA PSO Operations and is part of a management team which includes three other Managers/Senior Managers covering the three additional operational functions - Sales Ops, Delivery Ops and Resource Management Office. Collectively these three functions plus Deal Desk Operations make up EMEA PSO Operations.
The Manager, EMEA PSO Deal Desk Operations, based in Cork, leads a team of Deal Desk Analysts whose main function is to support the successful contracting of Professional Services for the EMEA business. The Deal Desk functions exists to ensure we enter mutually agreeable contracts and to uphold the business practices that underpin all main themes of contracting, mitigating our risk both legal and financial.
In collaboration with other EMEA Operations functions (Sales Ops, Delivery Ops and Resource Management Office), as well as through partnering with our field and other support functions, Manager of Deal Desk Operations, will help proactively develop, drive and support meaningful operational improvements to create and maintain a more transparent, predictable, productive, agile, and aligned Deal Desk function.
The successful candidate will be the main point of contact and first point of escalation for EMEA needs and issues relevant to Deal Desk Operations and will work cross functionally and globally with their equivalents and wider teams in AMER and APJ as part of this dynamic matrix organization.
Key Focus Areas include:
• Management of a team of, currently, six direct reports
• Establish, support and provide a team structure with sufficient contingency and coverage to provide excellent service to the business throughout the fiscal year
• Foster process consistency among regions and drive best practice contracting across PSO
• Leverage industry best practices into the daily operational culture, cadence, and processes of VMware
(strategy, budgeting, revenue recognition, resource allocation, processes, etc)
• Be aware of, and react to, impacting trends and patterns of the business to help develop and drive through necessary changes to process and operational function and in full collaboration with other Operational, Field and Supporting functions
• Lead and support transformational change management
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in Operations within a technology focused company; Services experience also preferred
• Demonstrable hands-on operational skill in managing a team and ensuring consistency of processes
• Experience of and ability to manage a team, keep them motivated and energized and focused on delivering the wider organizational objectives
• Ability to link strategic objectives to operational details across a wide range of business areas / topics
• Strong organizational / prioritization and communication skills
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to drive results and ensure process elegance, transparency, quality, repeatability, and scalability
• Bachelors Degree Required
• Master Degree or Equivalent Preferred
• Language skills an advantage
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.