J&J Family of Companies Project Manager EMEA - Engineering & Property Services in Cork, Ireland
Position: Engineering & Property Services - Project Manager EMEA
Provide leadership and oversight to medium CAPEX projects for EMEA region in collaboration with Real Estate, Finance, Procurement, Facility Maintenance and Manufacturing Engineering leads, and support large projects under the direction of Project Director.
Drive innovation to reduce cost and schedule by ensuring Project Delivery Process, Flawless Project Execution, best practices, benchmarking and industry learning are applied to all capital projects.
Proven experience in having E2E responsibilities from Engineering through Operational Readiness, with good knowledge of the process/product dimension of the projects.
This position manages and contributes to the project progress throughout the project helping to expedite key activities across function, find solutions to key problems, and communicate project progress, issues and solutions to management and to the project team.
The new hire will be associated to an experienced senior Project Director as a coach and mentor, with the expectation to become soon independent in the function, with a rapid learning curve
Duties, Responsibilities & Mobility Demands
• Meets customer service requirements by developing the basic work assignments and tactical plans to accomplish objectives, and/or contributes expertise to programs and projects
• Focuses on customers’ requirements enabling a high standard of effectiveness
• Confronts and resolves conflicts effectively and coaches others in these areas
• Anticipates problems and potential risks while creating contingency plans
• Transfers ideas and successes across boundaries
• Participates and leads teams within and across functional areas, sites, and cultures
• Identifies and resolves relationship issues and uses effective mediation and conflict management, negotiation, and influencing skills
• Brings people together within and across functions so that they can build and share best practices
• Strong Project management including:
• Ability to work across EMEA, in accordance with the project portfolio. Travel 40% of time. Preferred location Cork (Ireland)
• Prepares E&PS Support Letters in alignment with the Capital Appropriation Requests and presents them to senior management for approval. Capable of presenting regularly to Sr. Leadership on project performance.
• Prepares and/or supports the development of documentation such as PO’s and project updates/status reports. Capable of running design coordination and stakeholder meetings.
• Collaborates with, and oversees J&J Project Engineers and contract Engineers in the execution of capital projects.
• On projects, provides effective management of project resources to achieve desired results.
• Exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results on new assignments.
• Working knowledge of:
• GMP's for Healthcare Supply Chains
• EHS requirements, with particular focus on EHS by design and construction safety
• Start-up processes and Commissioning & Qualification
• Principles for Engineering Design in a regulated industry
• Construction & Procurement process
Experience & Certification
• B.S. degree in engineering with 8-10 years experience with at least 4 years experience in a Project Management role. experience, Master Degree preferred
• Demonstrated experience in project delivery. Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent preferred
• Fluent in English. Ability to speak clearly and exercise good judgment.
Required Skills & Abilities
• Technically savvy, can relate to and understand complex technology based issues
• Understands business needs and can relate these to engineering concepts
• Track record of developing and maintaining strong partnerships at all levels within the organization.
• Ability to lead and motivate remote and virtual teams and stakeholders
• Process-oriented, process knowledgeable
• Natural leader and good listener. Possesses excellent communication, motivation, team building, employee involvement, diplomacy, delegating skills, as well as confidence and enthusiasm
• Excellent problem-solving skills when managing potential conflicts within different countries/sites when implementing global standards and guidelines. Understanding complex technical/regulatory issues impacting products.
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Microsoft Project and PowerPoint
Janssen Pharmaceutical Ltd. (8170)