Dell Sr Advisor, Enterprise Tech Services_179880BR in Cork, Ireland
Sr Advisor, Enterprise Tech Services_179880BR
Job ID R11000
Date posted 10/09/2017
Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Are you a brilliant problem solver who could provide front-line support for a game-changing, enterprise-wide support service? Do you want to be a hero to Dell’s customers by resolving their complex IT issues? Within Dell Services, we are looking for a Sr. Advisor to join our remote technical assistance team in Cork, as well as providing telephone and email assistance to our European customers as part of the Dell Global Service Desk.
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
· Dell Services develops and delivers solutions that enable clients to maximise returns on IT investments, drive efficiencies and reduce costs. Working with highly skilled technical advisors, you will:
· Apply technical expertise using standard operating and diagnostic protocols to resolve standard to highly-complex system level issues by telephone and e-mail to DELL EMC Customers
· Remotely identify issues, investigate root causes and recommend solutions to reported problems
· Undertake training and certification required to work towards becoming a subject matter expert in Midrange related products, e.g. VNX/Unity.
· Escalate to Engineering or collaborate with other product support teams if required.
· Manage and prioritize workload efficiently and effectively in a high pressure environment
· Understand and follow all team processes for case and customer handling
· Write and contribute to knowledge articles as your expertise of the product develops
· 3rd level education, preferably technical degree
· Fluency in English
· Excellent communication and customer service skills plus the flexibility to work shifts
· Ability to work efficiently under time constraints and high stress/pressure environments.
· 8+ years of relevant customer support experience
· Detailed knowledge of Virtualisation technologies such as VMWare vSphere, vSAN, ESXi,
· Linux administration and troubleshooting
· Windows/CIFS/SMB/AD administration and troubleshooting
· Interest in technical problem-solving