Dell Virtustream - Sr Advisor, Service Delivery (Converged Infrastructure) in Cork, Ireland
Virtustream - Sr Advisor, Service Delivery (Converged Infrastructure)
Job ID R08884
Date posted 10/10/2017
Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Business Title: Sr. Delivery Special (Converged)
Virtustream Sr Delivery Specialist
The engineer will be responsible for providing the primary management, administration, support, and ongoing maintenance of customer Converged Infrastructure Platforms. This role must be able to understand, execute, and document complex operational tasks and work requests that are assigned and have experience in complex research and fact finding using various tools and informational sources.
The role will be expected to work in a positive and collaborative fashion with fellow team members, senior engineering/architect staff, vendors, and customers. The engineer will assist with process maturation, development, technical standards creation, and drive operational excellence through consistent delivery and best practices. This role will also include the core fundamentals of day-to-day operations, based off the ITIL v3 methodology.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform daily integrity and availability checks of all hardware resources and critical system services. Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted parties in a timely manner.
· Practical hands-on expert experience with Vxblock TM technologies. Provide administration, support and in-depth analysis of storage and networks in a heavily virtualized environment
· Perform preventative maintenance (and upgrade, as required) on Vxblock TM devices, and related peripherals to meet IT specifications
· Provides technical expertise in cross-functional and intra-departmental efforts.
· Works closely with the Solutions Architect to identify system performance issues to identify and drive the automation of daily tasks. Performs diagnostic testing on network systems and infrastructure problems
· Coordinate all hardware and software problems or repairs channeled through outside vendors and service providers
· Performs configuration, testing, and change control documentation of Vxblock TM systems
· Perform systems/software administration, backup/recovery monitoring, problem resolution, and change & incident management
· Investigate and troubleshoot current and potential environmental impacting issues. Analyse system and application logs using vRealize Operations Manager and vRealize Loginsight.
· Co-ordinate, manage and apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary
· Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
· Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required
· 6-8+ year’s industry experience in Data Center, Converged Infrastructure, and Cloud administration. VMware ESXi, ESX, vCenter 4.x plus, or vCenter 5.x plus is strongly desired. This experience should include the planning, deployment, configuration and administration of host systems and virtual machines
· 5+ years’ experience with virtualization technologies, particularly storage and virtual networks.
· 5+ years of any enterprise Storage (EMC) and/or Network experience
· 4+ years’ working directly with the implementation and administration of one of Windows/ Linux/Unix server systems. Hands on experience of Active Directory a bonus.
· Strong customer service and operational skills required
· Experience/Awareness of the the vRealize suite of products; vROPs, LogInsight, vRO/vRA etc.
· VMware Certified Professional (VCP) preferred
· EMCSA, EMCTA Storage Certifications preferred
· Experience dealing with Cloud solutions in orchestration and automation
· ITIL v3 Foundation preferred
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Management, Computer Science, or other related field is preferred for this position