The Nielsen Company Retail National Account Manager - 6month Maternity cover in D, Ireland
Nielsen are looking for a motivated National Account Manager to achieve and exceed company targets for your Retail Account (s). As a National Account Manager your time will be spent with your key retailer contacts on a regular basis as well as interacting with key departments internally including Supplier Sales and your Retail associates.
The National Account Manager will be expected to achieve growth on your account(s) and contribute on an operational and strategic level.
There is a requirement for 2 weeks initial training to take place onsite at Norwich and an ongoing requirement to visit your Retailers on 2 calendar days per month. There may also be potential overseas travel to support our international business.
Key accountabilities for our roles include:
• Managing, growing and operationally directing a territory of Retailers.
• Creation and management of an overall sales plan for the territory identifying account activity to ensure appropriate revenue is achieved.
• Responsible for account planning and direction to ensure customer satisfaction and performance above and beyond business targets.
• Where appropriate highlighting and presenting to new accounts. Qualifying the appropriate revenue and directing the business into bid/no bid decisions.
• Achieving Sales targets for your account.
• Monitoring online coverage and driving this up to meet business objectives.
• Achieving growth of service by offering unique service opportunities to your account.
• Pinpointing potential add-on opportunities for your account to up sell and driving them through to revenue generation or customer satisfaction. This could be further categories or additional requirements over and above our standard service.
• Contact and communication plans to drive forward range changes/new ranges in to both the customer and Brandbank, to drive the work through to completion efficiently and effectively.
• Creating new processes and working practices to drive efficient operations.
• Project and time management.
• Monitoring and reporting figures and statistics.
To succeed in this role you will ideally be:-
• Experienced in territory management and development.
• Experienced in sales and developing business relationships.
• Experienced in developing business including all aspects, such as pursuit, qualification, presenting and closing with appropriate objection handling and resolution as required.
• Forward thinker and the ability to use your own initiative.
• Highly organised and logical with the ability to prioritise.
• Personable approach to dealing with difficult situations and issues.
• Experienced in measuring, monitoring and reporting on projects and sales progress.
• Ability to present at a senior level as well as able liaise and interact with other departments to resolve issues and drive changes into the business.