State Street Accounting Manager, Vice President in Dublin City Centre, Ireland
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
The VP, Finance Manager – Head of Global Services Ireland Billing and Accounts Receivable will report to the EMEA Billing Department Head. This will be a critical role managing the overall billing and receivables operation for all of the Global Services Ireland clients.
The role will also play a critical role in the off-shore operation/onshore oversight model. The role will also be responsible for managing the interdepartmental relationships and communications with the Client relationship management team and broader management groups within the business operations. The role will also include taking the lead in the development of an EMEA wide Operating Model which will include creating and building a Hub in Ireland, as well as the implementation and roll-out of new global billing platform in Ireland.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Responsible for the management, delivery, oversight and governance of Global Services Ireland (GSI) Billing and Accounts Receivable operation.
- Managing the onshore oversight team of 7 staff in ensuring the delivery of our offshored partner’s operation including the design, update and adherence to all SLAs and KPIs
- Managing the relationship and delivery of the offshored billing team of 30+ operatives in Chennai, India
- Ensuring the timely and accurate billing for all services provided to the GSI clients.
- Ensuring that all new clients and products fee schedules are understood, properly interpreted and accurately set up and billed
- Ensuring the timely collection of all debtors
- Ensuring the proper recording and accounting for fees, receivables and the aging of same
- Adherence with all required SOX controls
- Regular review and updating of all oversight and governance controls
- Ensure good communications with Client Relationship management including presentation to team meetings and updates on billing operations priorities
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent organisational skills
- 10 years plus experience in the financial services sector, preferably fund administration and custody
- Proven leadership skills
- Proven track record in change management
- Extensive experience in managing an off-shored operational model
- Proven interpersonal skills at all levels of a large and complex global organization; demonstrated success at building relationships and collaborating across organizational boundaries.
- Very strong project management and analytical skills
- Proven decision-making and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to drive timely execution Demonstrated leadership skills; detail-oriented and hands-on management style
Qualified accountant – 10 years plus post qualification experience
State Street Job ID: 162208
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Accounting Manager, Vice President
Job ID: 162208
Full/Part Time: Full FTE
Location: Ireland - Dublin City Centre