State Street Client Service Manager, Assistant Vice President (Dublin) in Dublin City Centre, Ireland
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
Main purpose of role: At this level you will be required to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the Funds Industry, and take a lead role in the client servicing, operational management and and development of the department with a strong service and process ethos. You will be expected to deliver effectively for the client through meeting servicing requirements working closely with Operations and the Change Management teams applying a broad understanding of related and interfacing activities across Transfer Agency. You will be expected to manage and lead the client deliverables and activities with a major focus on SLAs, KPIs, quality, issue management/resolution, reporting, change management, client escalation and effective communication. You will continually work towards the ultimate goal of ensuring a high level of client servicing whilst exercising operational oversight within the business and making sound operational decisions and a strong focus on risk reduction.
- As a member of the operational management team, lead, direct and manage the department and contribute to the leadership of IFDS Ireland as required
- Exercise operational oversight within the department and make sound operational decisions
- Work professionally work with all peers and senior management to promote and secure the on-going growth and development of IFDS Ireland
- Creation of effective working relationships with operational groups and teams within IFDS and related organisations
- Ownership, management and development of strong client relationship management discipline
- Act as a dedicated service manager and escalation point for key strategic clients of IFDS Ireland providing effective management of client’s current and future requirements
- Produce & maintain Operational Issues Log on a regular basis
- Responsible for accurate maintenance and management of Operational Log
- Work with Change Management to maintain Projects Log
- Resolution of referred operational issues/system queries
- Attend (weekly) Client conference call
- Ensure (weekly) operational issue conference calls take place & attend (weekly) Client conference call. Mandatory for tier 1 and as agreed for all others
- Coordinate relevant TA teams for client visits
- Day-to-day liaison with all administration areas to ensure service is delivered within SLA and quality is measured within KPIs
- Develop existing client relationships with relevant Management Company (ies) contacts
- Liaison with the clients' relationship manager to ensure that service meets requirements
- Manage the communication and participate in resolving any escalating service issues
- Obtain detailed understanding of client's business /products and support sales process as required
- Represent our company at client functions/conferences
- Keep abreast of current client relationship status through the regular review of Management Reports e.g. Customer feedback etc.
- Notify relevant CRM & Ops team member of amendments required to procedures / SLA / KPIs for new functionality / technology
- Provide and validate KPI pack information
- Monitor service against KPIs and dispatch monthly SLA & KPI reports within agreed service levels
- Monitor weekly KPI positions & relevant service level, validate and rectify any issues
- Coordinate SLA/Prospectus/fund documentation review/update by relevant TA dept
- Pass on customer feedback to relevant parties and escalate where appropriate
- Provide operational commentary for KPI pack and Board reports as needed
- Responsible for liaison with internal operational/IT counterparts to facilitate appropriate information flows to and from colleagues and clients.
- Undertake regular review of customer feedback with colleagues
- Organise & participate in Service Meetings & conference calls. Chair meetings (where appropriate relative to meeting attendees)
- Participate in service review meetings where appropriate. Set up necessary internal prep meetings where appropriate
- Ensure minutes are issued within an agreed timeframe where assigned
- Responsible for liaison with internal operational/IT counterparts to facilitate appropriate information flows to and from colleagues and client contacts
- Responsible for timely acknowledgement of change requests
- Respond to client queries on project documentation
- Raise BCRs on behalf of Client
- Review HLEs & challenge where necessary
- Responsible for managing client mailings and keeping SS CRM informed of progress of all queries.
- Follow development of new products /services /functionality
- Support Client analysis and liaise with Client on Mandatory / or User Group initiated projects
- Participate in relevant internal & external Steering Group meetings where appropriate
- IFDS Employees are required to comply with the regulatory regime in which IFDS operates as appropriate to the above role.
- Employees are expected to exercise due care and diligence, ensuring the areas the incumbent is responsible for are organised and controlled.
- Employees are required to observe proper standards of market, business and personal conduct, demonstrating integrity in the execution of duties.
- The incumbent is required to respect the IFDS approach to client care and must demonstrate due regard to the interests of our clients and in any and all third party dealings.
Knowledge and Technical Skills:
- Strong knowledge of the Transfer Agency business is required This should be complemented with a sound understanding of Fund Accounting, Custody and Regulatory background to Funds Industry
- Comprehensive knowledge of systems, including Microsoft Office applications, is required
- Knowledge of Client Servicing models and infrastructure (Telephony & Processing)
- Excellent service delivery ethos and client advocacy focus
- Client relationship management
- Attention to detail and concern for quality with strong written & verbal communication skills
- Excellent communication, organisational and planning skills with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure
- Ability to work to deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Excellent people management and leadership skills
- Ability to proactively work under own initiative and as part of a team
- Typically candidate will have 5-10 years experience in a similar environment including at least 3-5 years in a senior management capacity
- Business related degree preferable (but not essential)
State Street Job ID: 166392
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Client Service Manager, Assistant Vice President (Dublin)
Job ID: 166392
Full/Part Time: Full FTE
Location: Ireland - Dublin City Centre