State Street Client Service Operations Unti Manager in Dublin City Centre, Ireland
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
As an operations change manager you will be responsible for managing and implementing change within a FA Client Service Operations team prioritising a strategic client.
Reporting to a Vice President you will be responsible for management, co-ordination and implementation of business change projects across a key strategic client for State Street. The changes will range from small to medium sized projects and will consist of but are not limited to share class launches, new fund launches, mergers/conversions, IT Development Requests, New reporting, new processes and initiatives prompted by Regulatory Requirements, etc. Some of this work will involve working on your own to implement while other projects will require you to work with a number of departments across our organisation either as a workstream manager in a larger project for the client services operations team or managing a client service operations project. In addition and where required, you will need to be able to assist or provide cover for the FA client operations manager.
In all cases you will need to be able to cultivate a good relationship with the client, be capable of understanding and properly interpreting the client’s requirements. You will also need to apply good project management skills and have an excellent level of communication with the client to successfully manage timelines and expectations so that the client has a very positive experience. Ideally you should already have a good internal network which you would continue to positively cultivate as part of this role. You need to be capable of identifying and reporting risks, devising controls, be imaginative in driving solutions while ensuring that those solutions stay as close as possible to our standard operating model.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience implementing change and have excellent interpersonal skills, and can work on their own initiative to see a project through to completion.
- Take ownership for the quality of the overall change service delivery to this key strategic State Street client
- Ensure a robust project governance model is in place. Develop and maintain project plans and reporting to deliver successful business change for the client
- Coordinate, prioritize, and actively manage tasks as needed to meet project timelines & business needs
- Escalate in a timely fashion where deliverables are not being met and will have a key impact on project delivery
- Ensure project scope is clearly documented and understood by all stakeholders
- Chair weekly internal and client facing calls to discuss project status
- Build a good working relationship with internal departments.
- Be proactive in ensuring each work stream is delivering on project commitments.
- Address risks identified during the project planning phase and ensure adequate review of business practices and appropriate corporate governance procedures.
- Ensures superior client satisfaction by acting as an advocate for the client and ensuring client issues are resolved
- Set and maintain standards of personal and professional performance, ensuring staff accountability and adherence to company policies and procedures
- Co-ordinate and implement training and development activities for individuals on the team.
- Provide coaching, guidance and support to staff on technical, professional and client issues
- 7 years + experience within the funds/financial services industry.
- A good working knowledge of Fund Operations
- Must possess strong client facing, interpersonal, organisational skills
- Strong problem resolution and analytical skills
- Proven team management capabilities
Ability to multi-task
State Street Job ID: 161154
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Client Service Operations Unti Manager
Job ID: 161154
Full/Part Time: Full FTE
Location: Ireland - Dublin City Centre