State Street Company Secretariat manager ( Ireland), Senior Associate in Dublin City Centre, Ireland
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
Purpose of Role:
The Senior Associate is responsible for managing a specific client portfolio in respect of board meeting preparation, attendance at meetings and complying with all regulatory requirements of the client portfolio and all matters that are required by law and deemed good corporate governance.
- Work with the Company Secretariat team to complete the daily workflow.
- For their allocated portfolio of clients, ensuring the accurate preparation and issue of board agendas, board papers and minutes for all board meetings in adherence with client procedures/service level agreements and Company Law and, where appropriate, convening and minuting annual / extraordinary general meetings of shareholders. Follow up on decisions made at board and general meetings in order to provide an update at the next meeting.
- Ensuring the filing of all statutory forms and returns at the Companies Registration Office, as required, in addition to regularly reviewing the information in the statutory books, client files and Blueprint Company Secretarial database to ensure that the information is consistent and up to date.
- Ensuring compliance with the local regulatory bodies, ie Companies Registration Office, Central Bank of Ireland and Irish Stock Exchange (Cayman Island Monetary Authority, LUX registrar, Companies House etc), regulations and requirements/obligations in each jurisdiction.
- Updating of client and department procedures and checklists as and when changes occur.
- Acting as a channel of communication and information for non-executive directors while ensuring that their personal details, biographies are maintained and Directors fees are paid on a timely basis.
- Ensuring compliance with the Constitution/Memorandum and Articles of Association and ensuring safe keeping and proper use of the Company Seal.
- Arranging for the notarisation and legalisation of documents, as required.
- Assisting auditors with annual audit.
- Overseeing the filing of the Annual and Semi-Annual financial statements with the relevant regulatory bodies within the required timeframe.
- Reviewing developments in Corporate Governance , Listing requirements and Company Law in order to advise and assist the directors with regard to their duties and responsibilities and compliance with their personal obligations under Company Law and, where applicable, Stock Exchange requirements.
- Assisting the Head of Department with adhoc queries relating to the State Street entities and group legal entities and as required.
- Acting as a role model and mentor to the junior members of the Company Secretariat team.
- Travel for client board meetings, as required.
- Other duties as required
Level of Education
- 3 + years company secretarial experience in same or related industry
- BA/BSc and/or ICSA qualification required
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of financial services sector preferable
- Detail orientated
- Self sufficient
- Familiarity with online boardroom portals
- Excellent communication and prioritization skills, is a problem solver and enjoys working with people
A demonstrated attention to detail is also required
State Street Job ID: 164434
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Company Secretariat manager ( Ireland), Senior Associate
Job ID: 164434
Full/Part Time: Full FTE
Location: Ireland - Dublin City Centre