State Street Corporate Actions Specialist, Associate 2 in Dublin City Centre, Ireland
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
The team provides Corporate Actions services to a number of clients in a busy and challenging environment and the candidate will be responsible for the day to day completion for a number of these tasks ensuring all client and team deliverables are met. The candidate will also be responsible for oversight of any tasks outsourced to India.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure workflow and procedures are executed sequentially to reduce risk and improve efficiency
- Performing daily checks and researching the terms and details of a pending corporate actions.
- Processing Corporate Action events on the accounting system
- Liaison between different departments and prime brokers to resolve any reconciliation items, either cash or stock, that relate to corporate actions
- Ensure end to end process models are clearly understood and impacts of deviation appreciated
- Proactively share new ideas to support process improvements and changes to team processes
- Escalate any issues to manager in a timely manner providing resolution suggestions as necessary
- Understand client SLA provisions and relevant KPIs and support their delivery is the highest quality
- Promote collaboration with internal departments
- Contribute to State Street and BU initiatives/projects as required to expand network and support common objectives
- Monitor and comply with changes to the 'risk' escalation chain including communicating amendments to staff where need e.g. issues and suspicious transactions
- Manage own continued professional development, by engaging in the Performance Planning Review (PPR) process and attend relevant training per development pathways
- Perform and reviews customized work and participates in projects as assigned
- Perform other duties as required
- Exercise sound judgment in all matters
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain high standards when dealing with tight deadlines, high volumes and demanding trading desks and clients
- Leverage knowledge and technology to ensure optimal results
- Provide outstanding service to all client/s - internally & externally
- The ability to multi-task and to perform in a pressured environment.
- Confident in dealing with all situations.
- Communicate effectively
- Foster collaboration & team work
- Good numerical and analytical abilities
- Methodical and organised
- Team player
- Ability to work on own initiative
Qualification,*Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required *
- Primary Degree or a Professional or Accounting qualification or equivalent.
- 1+ years working in the provision of fund administration services or have worked in another aspect of the Financial Services Industry for a number of years
- Corporate actions experience an advantage
- Excellent Communication, Organisational and Report Writing skills
- Strong problem resolution and analytical abilities.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team
State Street Job ID: 164239
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Corporate Actions Specialist, Associate 2
Job ID: 164239
Full/Part Time: Full FTE
Location: Ireland - Dublin City Centre