State Street Fund Accountant, Associate 2 in Dublin City Centre, Ireland
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
To supervise a team of Fund Accountants in the valuation of funds to strict deadlines while contributing to the development of the department.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Assist team members in meeting their monthly deadlines
- To prepare monthly and quarterly Board reports, strict deadlines must be adhered to, communicate with internal / external clients in collating / co-coordinating the data for the reports
- EU Savings Directive Reporting; maintain comprehensive up to date fund database, maintain key procedures and control documents, data dissemination to Bloomberg on request
- Preparation and gathering of report information elements for board reports
- Preparation and gathering of report information for UCIT3 reporting
- Timely and accurate completion of fund audits
- Prepared daily
- All items cleared within maximum of five days
- Material items investigated and assessed on discovery
- Objective to be tailored based on current allocation of funds
Team work flow
- Ensure adequate cover when people are sick or on annual leave
- Appropriate allocation of work within team
- Appropriate sharing of work within department
- Appropriate allocation of project work
- Within team through effective team meetings
- Within team on a day to day basis
- Of all relevant issues to Manager on a timely basis
- Resolving complex queries
- All telephone queries either resolved or addressed within 24 hours
- All mails responded to within 24 hours
Broaden Knowledge base
- Investment restrictions
Checking of the fund
Encourage self checking where appropriate to better manage time
Allow time for projects and appropriate delegation.
- Honours degree from a relevant Business/ Finance discipline
- Minimum of two years experience in a fund accounting environment.
- Good attention to detail in order to ensure accurate valuations
- Strong numerical and accuracy skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Highly computer literate
- Good communication skills
- Organised in order to ensure valuations are timely
- Client focused
- Trustworthy and diligent
- Innovative and team-orientated
State Street Job ID: 162591
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Fund Accountant, Associate 2
Job ID: 162591
Full/Part Time: Full FTE
Location: Ireland - Dublin City Centre