State Street Marketing Manager, Officer in Dublin City Centre, Ireland
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
Purpose of Role:
Background and Role Summary
The role of the AIS Marketing Manager is to plan and execute marketing projects according to strict deadlines and within budget for the Alternatives business in EMEA, comprising of the Private Equity and Real Estate (PERE)and Hedge Fund (HF) servicing divisions. This includes acquiring resources harnessing, coordinating and managing support from the Global Marketing team and third-party contractors or consultants to deliver integrated projects according to plan.
Working closely with the global lead, the AIS Marketing Manager will assist in developing an AIS marketing strategy for EMEA (closely aligned to the global strategy) and will oversee and report back to the business, and the global lead, regularly on the execution and performance of the strategy. The role requires occasional travel to PE/RE/HF locations in EMEA to meet with senior management and support local activities.
The AIS Marketing Manager will be required to initiate and foster strong relationships with all marketing team members, across all channels (e.g. creative, internal communications, PR, events, editorial), and vendors (both internal and external). They will need to work both independently on large-scope projects, but also as a team member supporting other Marketing and Account Managers,
It’s imperative that the AIS Marketing Manager has excellent stakeholder management skills, including excellent organizational and communication skills, and will be required to regularly meet and present to senior stakeholders regarding marketing initiatives. The successful candidate will also have experience with project management and good technical skills (including but not limited to Microsoft Project, Excel, and PowerPoint) . Past experience with strategy planning, execution and knowledge of the financial services industry, is preferred.
The AIS Marketing Manager should have experience in working in a global organization with matrix reporting structures and be a strong and collaborative team player. The role may also require flexible working hours, dependent on project deliverables
At a strategic level the AIS Marketing Manager is responsible for the following:
- Develop and execute projects from beginning to end, including strategy development, resourcing, budget and reporting requirements fully
- Work closely with senior business teams and stakeholders to ensure they are fully engaged with the global, and AIS, marketing strategy and are aware of the achievements made
At a day to day level, the AIS Marketing Manager will also:
- Create and manage an annual marketing calendar and media schedule
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with the global lead and senior business stakeholders
- Assist in developing full-scale project plans and associated communications documents. Track project milestones and deliverables
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Estimate the resources, timescales and participants needed to achieve project goals
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and help make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools. Proactively identify and manage project dependencies
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyse results and troubleshoot problem areas
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and assist in devising contingency plans. Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the virtual project team
Level of Education / Qualifications:
- A degree level education – preferably with a project management certification
- Proven expertise/experience in all or some of the following disciplines: Media Relations, Communications, Events, Brand/Advertising, Editorial, Partnerships/Sponsorships
Skills and Experience:
- At least 5 years’ marketing and communications experience with a proven ability to deliver bottom line performance improvements through communications strategy, policy and plans
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes
- A high level of integrity, accountability and self-motivation
- The necessary stakeholder management and influencing skills to develop and grow all of the business relationships required to deliver successful outcomes
- Past experience with strategy planning
Knowledge of the financial services industry
State Street Job ID: 161976
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Marketing Manager, Officer
Job ID: 161976
Full/Part Time: Full FTE
Location: Ireland - Dublin City Centre