State Street Operational Control Analyst , Associate 2 in Dublin City Centre, Ireland
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
The Operational Controls (OC) Analyst will be primarily involved in ensuring the completion of independent control activities and supporting the Operational Control Officer, including the review of errors in a productive manner through working in partnership with Operational Teams to enhance controls.
The ideal candidate will have strong desire to implement change and have excellent interpersonal skills, and can work on their own initiative to see any deliverables through to completion.
The role is based at IFDS offices, Bishop’s Square, Dublin 2.
*Duties & responsibilities.*
- Supports implementation and documents assigned control reviews.
- Build strong working relationships with management and staff across all functions to achieve operational control objectives.
- Ensure an awareness of and adherence to the key Transfer Agency (TA) controls at all times.
- Assist in the evaluation of incident escalation forms ensuring root cause has been identified and robust preventative measures are considered and implemented.
- Support the continued updating of the IFDSI Procedure Framework ensuring IFDSI operational procedures are in the standard template, saved centrally, up to date and subject to a periodic review cycle.
- Attend and contribute to operational, client, risk, audit and regulatory meetings as required, and actively contribute to TA-wide initiatives and focus groups.
- Act as a point of escalation for operational control concerns and manage any issues to resolution.
- Support BT&O; colleagues in delivering Oversight, MIS and Regulatory Reporting objectives when required.
- Performs research, participates in training, and reads literature in order to become more knowledgeable about current business.
- Focus on development opportunities for your Senior Associates and ensure that time is made available to focus on non-operational management aspects of role through the delegation of tasks where appropriate.
Experience And Knowledge
- 2 years’ experience in the Financial Services industry.
- Procedural, technical and product knowledge of the TA business.
- Experience in identifying, investigating and resolving issues through a problem solving approach.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, organisational & multi-tasking skills.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, time management, research and communications (verbal and written) skills.
- Experience in completing due diligence visits or audits.
- Experience in reviewing processes, assessing risk and defining controls.
- Broad understanding of the wider funds industry, e.g. fund accounting, custody etc.
- Excellent organisational, planning and co-ordination skills.
- Good practical knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Analytical mind-set.
- Influencing ability.
- Ability to see the bigger picture, take initiative and offer solutions.
Workshop / facilitation skills .
- Enthusiastic with a positive can do attitude
*1. *Degree in a relevant discipline
*2. *In the absence of a third level degree, candidates will be considered provided they can clearly demonstrate a strong suitability for the role based on experience and the other requirements set out in the job / candidate description
State Street Job ID: 171298
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Operational Control Analyst , Associate 2
Job ID: 171298
Full/Part Time: Full FTE
Location: Ireland - Dublin City Centre