State Street Software QA Analyst, Assistant Vice President in Dublin City Centre, Ireland
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is seeking a number to join its Dublin based Global Technology team to assist in the wholescale transformation of its IT landscape. Part of State Street’s transformation is looking at the way in which we store and process data. Historically we have relied extensively on mainframe applications and transactional RDBMS-based processing, but we are moving to a heterogeneous data environment using modern technologies.
Being part of this initiative and team, you will consult on a number of different projects in the region servicing primarily ‘Big Data’ /Data-as-a-service IT deliverables prioritized across the Global Services/Fund Administration business lines.
Successful candidates will thus have a background in RDBMS-based technology (and we would expect you to have competency with SQL in a professional environment) and also be proficient with translating user requirements and work closely with development and architects in designing and architecting larger data systems involving data sourcing, enrichment, transformation, aggregation, and reporting.
You need to be based in EMEA Dublin and you should be comfortable with working in a geographically distributed team and able to periodically travel in-region (less than 10 percent) and to other State Street global sites (in particular Boston and China).
The Software QA Engineer must have a solid understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC) for mainframe and open system architecture applications in support of accounting, derivatives processing and securities valuation processes. This role is responsible for the Quality Assurance tasks within the agile development process, working with full time staff as well as vendor personnel. The individual will participate in testing best practices and process improvements for test execution with a high focus on test automation.
- Develops specific tests for each application encompassed in the full system, the related integration of applications, and user acceptance level testing: both manual and automated tests as warranted
- Ensures proper procedures and controls are in place throughout the testing process
- Provides guidance and direction to program managers, end users, and technical staff on internal or external factors that impact test strategy
- Analyzes and provides context and effective presentation of metrics gathered in the test process in order to propose and implement ongoing improvements
- Participates in production implementation “walkthroughs”, with review and approval responsibility for test discipline, for complex implementations as needed
- Works closely with other test teams, development teams, project managers, analysts, and deployment and support personnel in support of project and department goals.
- Participates in production check-out activities as a decision maker in the “go/no-go” decision along with other stakeholder groups, for complex implementations as needed
- Contribute to high quality, error free delivery of software in an agile development environment
- Participates in the definition of overall test strategy for an application or group of related applications within a unit
- Contributes to the development of and monitors the execution of test resource plans for an application or group of applications
- Provides testing process leadership to onshore and offshore teams
- Supervisor-level involvement in project team activities
- Provides system definition and design support
- Supports project implementation
- Defines automation strategy and implementation
- Candidates with a track record for delivery and market experience developing solutions for participants in actively traded markets will find opportunities to leverage their real life experience in a highly collaborative global organization
Qualifications / Experience:
- BSC Computer Science or related field
- 4-6 years of QA Lead/manager quality assurance experience in a financial software environment, through all stages of product development – manager testing activities, oversee test suite for end to end regression and supervise
- Minimum two years additional supervisory or project management experience
- Demonstrated experience with Agile methodologies
- Able to develop strong relationship with the Business and Development teams
- Knowledge of a software defect lifecycle and effective usage of defect tracking system (e.g. RTC, ALM)
- Hands-on experience using automated testing tools (e.g., QTP/UFT, Cucumber, Selenium, etc.)
- Experience delivering software solutions in a highly regulated banking environment
Competent SQL query skills and experience working with database technologies
State Street Job ID: 162528
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Software QA Analyst, Assistant Vice President
Job ID: 162528
Full/Part Time: Full FTE
Location: Ireland - Dublin City Centre