State Street AIS Investor Services Manager, Officer (Fixed Term Contract) in Dublin City (IFS), Ireland
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
The role holder will be responsible for the oversight of the Transfer Agency client service team (A1’s, A2’s & Senior Associates), management of the client relationships and acting as a point of escalation for the team on any technical issues. They will ensure that policies and procedures are followed and that best practices are applied. They will continuously look for enhancements to create greater efficiencies and productivity within the team.
- Responsible for the final sign off on internal (e.g. NAV), client and investor reporting to ensure all fund activity is recorded accurately and in line with agreed Policies and Procedures Including taking full ownership on daily, cash and trade reconciliations.
- Oversight of the Transfer Agency team, managing key priorities on a daily basis, planning team work, managing team resources including recruitment of new staff.
- Building and maintaining client relationships through regular meetings, forums, ensuring effective communication and client satisfaction.
- Act as a point of contact for client escalation.
- Develop and implement key improvements on process, procedures and new policy changes into the department.
- Work with internal development on system enhancements to improve efficiency and productivity within the team.
- Promote a risk awareness culture within the team to drive the zero error policy.
- Proactively identify gaps in internal key controls and work with wider TA manager/director group to close gaps.
- Responsible for the effective management of the team and all associated HR Policies, performance and career developments.
- Participate in department wide training efforts – draft and deliver training course and facilitate ‘on the job’ training
- Management of trade processing, cash, EOD, reporting checklists and online e-checklists.
- Performance Reviews for Senior Associates and input into the PPR process of A1’s/A2’s which are signed off by Senior Associate.
- Responsibility for a larger team with greater management responsibility.
- Change in regulatory environments – participate in project groups to understand industry regulatory impact & develop solutions/new products for our clients.
- Greater awareness of the risk environment.
- Accountability - final sign off on all transaction processing and reporting to clients and investors.
- Management of larger teams and additional responsibility for overall client relationship.
- Subordinates – Engage in one to one meetings with direct reports, coaching team members, point of escalation, PPR process.
- Superiors – provide direct support for managers; provide regular status updates to manager.
- Peers – Join managers meeting, provide inputs and recommend solution to overall TA issues, lead global TA initiatives.
- External – Build client & investor relationship ensuring deliverables are met. Act as point of contact for escalated queries.
- Internal – build on internal relationship with TA team ensuring regular communication at weekly team meeting. Also focus on internal relationships with NAV & AML to ensuring effective client service.
- Full autonomy for the operational effectiveness of the client service team. Manager retains responsibility for ensuring that key controls and Policies and Procedures are adhered to.
- Manager will act as a key player in drafting department wide policies and procedures.
- The roles holder has no sign off on department budget.
- The role holder is not responsible for allocating department wide resources and has no budgetary control.
Knowledge and Experience
- Degree in Finance and/or Business Related area (minimum 2.2) or relevant working experience.
- 4 -6 years Fund Administration experience (preferable Hedge Transfer Agency) with at least 2 years people management experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications in particular Excel.
- Experience in working to tight deadlines, with an ability to multi task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Experience in Client Relationship Management is essential for this role.
- Good working knowledge of AML and regulations impacting the industry.
- Team size is dependent on clients, number and complexity of funds and investors that are been administered.
- The role will have a multiple direct and indirect reports.
- Ensuring the clients expectations are met and all deliverables are met accurately and in a timely manner.
- Understanding and dealing with the changing regulatory environment.
- Dealing with specific customer complexities.
- PPR process, coaching, one to one training, time to support these tasks with the demands of day to day workload.
- Resources – ensuring that team deliverables are met in a constraint resource environment while focusing on business transformation goals.
- Managing staffing issues and co-ordinating issues raised with HR and Senior Management.
- Staying current on revised policies and procedures and continuing to learn the TA process for new service offerings and the use of ISS for these services.
- On the job training for Senior Associates.
- Support business growth through the on boarding of new clients.
Support AVP/VP to engage, develop and retain employees by creating an environment of continued learning and development.
State Street Job ID: 161939
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: AIS Investor Services Manager, Officer (Fixed Term Contract)
Job ID: 161939
Full/Part Time: Full FTE
Location: Ireland - Dublin City (IFS)