State Street AML Compliance, Senior Associate in Dublin City (IFS), Ireland
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
The role holder will be part of the AML operational team responsible for the quality review and ultimate authorization of all investor level AML in line with relevant fund AML programme requirements and IFS AML regulations. The role holder will be responsible for the daily supervision of the Investor Services AML Team A1’s and A2’s providing an end to end AML service ensuring an efficient and responsive turnaround to clients and investors whilst following the steps required and outlined in all internal policies and procedures for Ireland/Cayman/US. They will act as a point of escalation for A1’s and A2’s on technical and client queries.
They will be involved in AML related project work and ensure all investor level AML is reviewed, approved and stored with an aim to create a zero unauthorised AML population across all IFS Clients.
- Day to day supervision of the Investor Services AML A1’s and A2’s ensuring daily, weekly and monthly deliverables are met in accordance with internal controls - Day to day processing of Investor AML reviews to ensure quick and effective QA review and approval:
- Reviewing of all AML documentation received for all investors submitted for AML review.
- Ensuring all AML documentation is saved to the DMS (Document management system) for each investor, by type, and that the AML requirements per investor type as outlined on our internal checklists and AML policies and procedures are collected and verified.
- Ensuring all relevant Connected Parties are added to ISS
- Acting as a point of contact for all IFS Investor Services teams in relation to answering and assisting efficiently with all AML related queries/Issues.
- Possess and continue to developing an in depth knowledge of all internal policies and procedures including all operational procedures used during the AML Review to assist with
- Ensuring all AML documentation sent to the Final Review AML group are in good order
- Ensuring that all AML queries raised with the group can be answered in detail and within the agreed SLA.
- All AML checklists points/steps in the authorisation of AML are clearly understood
- All Investor Services AML Team processes are strictly followed in accordance with the procedure documentation
- Responsible for monitoring and tracking team activity against all shared mailboxes and assisting the team with queries.
- Identify key priorities within the team on a daily basis and assign appropriately to ensure delivery of all tasks.
- Actively manage day to day relationship with the Investor Service team contacts, Relationship managers and Compliance team contacts, escalating issues to their Manager when required.
- Demonstrate awareness with regulatory (and internal policy) obligations regarding Suspicious Activity Reporting.
- Day to day performance management of the team, one to one meetings and annual performance cycle ensuring development and review of staff against goals.
- Actively partake in the recruitment process to effectively resource team.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution weekly AML reports.
- Act as a point of escalation for the team for technical and client queries providing an efficient and swift service to Investors.
- Foster and act as a role model to build risk awareness within the team.
- Proactively seek greater productivities in the team through process improvements & automation where applicable.
- Participate in department wide training efforts – draft and deliver training course and facilitate ‘on the job’ training.
Context of the role
- The Senior Associate will take on a review function –mailbox and online e-checklists.
- Performance Reviews – this role involves having direct reports and supervisory responsibility which is a significant change from the A2 role.
- Regulatory changes in our external environment can impact the way processing is completed.
- New relationships with other new department can change work flows eg. CARRs Team
- Operating environment has changed against the external economic factors, e.g. Business Transformation a focus for the department e.g. Centralised Processes.
- The Senior Associate has full accountability for the reviews it completes on work done by the A1’s & A2’s.
- Subordinates – Engage in one to one meetings with direct reports, coaching team members, point of escalation, PPR process.
- Superiors – provide direct support for managers and regular status updates to managers.
- Internal –
- Corporate Compliance and CARRs Teams (Compliance and Regulatory Reporting).
- AML QA and Centralised AML teams
- External – interaction with clients and investors on Investor Services issues/Projects
* Job Boundaries*
- Autonomy for running the day to day tasks of the team. Supervisor to use their own initiative to organise and delegate workload and ensure deliverables are met.
- Role holder is not responsible for changing policies or procedures. There are set AML process and procedures as well as set operational procedures in place - there is no autonomy to go outside of these and Supervisors must adhere to all noted AML policies. These must be deployed as agreed and signed off by Senior Management.
- The role holder is not responsible for resource management
Knowledge and Experience
- Degree in Finance and/or Business Related area (minimum 2.2) or relevant working experience.
- 3-5 years Investor Services /Fund Administration/AML experience (preferable Hedge &/or PE Funds) with at least 1 year’s supervisory experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications in particular Excel.
- Good working knowledge of AML legislation and policies and procedures,.
- Experience in working to tight deadlines, with an ability to multi task and to work calmly under pressure.
- The role holder could be working on a variety of funds (investors) with varied productivity expectations per month.
- The pattern of investor type and types of funds can change for the role holder.
- The role will have a minimum of one direct report.
- Ensuring the clients expectations are met and all deliverables are met accurately and in a timely manner.
- Understanding and dealing with the changing regulatory environment.
- Handling complex queries.
- Dealing with pushback from investors &/or clients when requesting AML documents
- Now involved in PPR process, coaching, one to one training, time to support these tasks with the demands of day to day workload.
- Continuing to learn the Investor ServicesAML process including applicable policies and procedures and the use of ISS.
- On the job training for A1’s and A2’s.
- Support business growth through the on boarding of new clients.
- Support manager to engage, develop and retain employees by creating an environment of continued learning.
State Street Job ID: 165862
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: AML Compliance, Senior Associate
Job ID: 165862
Full/Part Time: Full FTE
Location: Ireland - Dublin City (IFS)