State Street SSgA Risk Manager, Vice President (Dublin) in Dublin City Park Pl., Ireland
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
The position is a senior position within State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) Risk Management group. The primary focus is to provide independent investment risk oversight across a broad range of investment funds and strategies managed in EMEA, with an emphasis on our Investment Solutions Group (ISG)/ Multi Asset Class products or other compelling asset class experience. The role requires a strong working knowledge across a board range of assets, investment strategies and financial derivative instruments, gained from experience in institutional investment management, risk management and/or research organization. The role will also require collaboration with other EMEA risk disciplines such as Credit and Operational Risk Management.
The role includes responsibilities such as designated risk officer for the risk oversight of various fund management entities within the region.
Sitting within the 2ndline of defence, this Vice President role reports jointly to the regional head of risk and functionally to the global asset class head of investment risk, providing regional functional leadership and cross risk discipline vision within the EMEA region. We are a diverse team of over 60 risk professionals based in London, Dublin and Paris, together with the US and Asia. As a combined group, the team is responsible for identification, control and reporting of operational, investment, credit and liquidity risk globally.
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on State Street Global Advisors to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success. Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. State Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Your Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide oversight to senior management and business lines through communication of key investment risk highlights, emerging risk and themes
- Proactively examine, measure, monitor and communicate risk exposures and changes in the risk profile of investment funds and respond to ad-hoc requests from various business groups and senior management
- Ensure appropriate risk management information is produced and reviewed at appropriate intervals
- Maintain and improve the investment risk management framework and processes
- Collaborate with colleagues within the global organization to develop and implement policies, procedures and processes for the investment risk program
- Develop methodologies for improving portfolio risk analytics and undertake unsupervised research on areas of risk management
- Build a collaborative working relationships with investment professionals and promote a shared vision of the benefits of risk-aware decision making
- Support a culture of risk transparency and effective challenge
- Maintain the highest standards of conduct and integrity and ensure compliance with accepted industry practice, company policies, statute and regulatory requirements
Your Experience and Profile
- MBA, MSF and/or CFA preferred
- 5-7yrs of relevant industry experience (data analysis, risk management, risk models)
- Experience with risk concepts and database tools are required, with specific skills in BlackRock Aladdin, Bloomberg’s PORT, MSCI BarraOne and MSCI RiskMetrics considered a plus
- Strong technical skills: ability to build tools and reporting for risk management and to leverage technology and systems.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize effectively, meet deadlines and deliver high quality, error-free work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Deep understanding of portfolio construction, derivative valuation, risk analytics, and investments
- Ability to work with senior management and to develop relationships with others throughout the organization
- Capable of taking responsibility for independent projects with limited supervision
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
Programming skills (VBA, Access, R, Matlab) is a plus
State Street Job ID: 165438
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: SSgA Risk Manager, Vice President (Dublin)
Job ID: 165438
Full/Part Time: Full FTE
Location: Ireland - Dublin City Park Pl.