Microsoft Corporation Account Executive Education - German in Dublin, Ireland
Microsoft Inside Sales
Account Executive Education - German
EMEA - Dublin
Microsoft is empowering every person and every organization on the planet to do more and achieve more. We have set ourselves three bold ambitions: create more personal computing, reinvent productivity and business processes and build the intelligent cloud. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day.
As part of our transformation, one of our key areas of focus is the modernization of our sales motions. The Inside Sales organization is a newly formed sales organization with a charter to accelerate Microsoft’s growth in its cloud-first, mobile-first businesses along with the traditional businesses. This organization is at the forefront of establishing a new sales model leveraging modern technology and big data and analytics to drive impactful demand response and targeted sales coverage.
The Account Executive for Education allows Microsoft to better serve our education clients realize the potential of Microsoft Technologies and be at the forefront of the transition to a mobile-first and cloud-first organization. This role is dedicated to increasing revenue and improving customer satisfaction through senior account management working in tandem with Microsoft Partners within a territory of accounts. The Account Executive adds value by developing and maintaining strong customer relationships that include building relationships with executives at the Chief-level (CxO) as well as other Business and Technical Decision Makers within the customers’ institutions. This role is unique in its ability to effectively leverage technology and extensive members of the virtual sales team to build strong relationships with the accounts in its portfolio. It is also unique in its ability to work directly with and through Microsoft Partners to meet customer needs
• Industry Knowledge. Understanding of Education Industry both K12 and Higher Education and how ICT immersive environments improves Teaching & Learning and drive efficient and effective institutions.
Strong, deep and broad customer and partner relationships: Develop an account strategy and customer contact plan for owned accounts that includes line-of-business contacts and executive-level relationships.
• Organizational Agility. Effective and actionable account and territory plans: Lead territory and account planning process that aligns partner and Microsoft resources to maximize revenue, customer satisfaction, and grow Microsoft share of deployment and usage.
• Drive for Results. Maintain a healthy predictable pipeline that meets or exceeds quota expectations: Prospect and identify opportunities and coach the virtual sales team on how to maximize opportunity generation. Qualify opportunities and convert them to a customer education solution based scenario. Prepare monthly forecasts and pipeline reports, using Microsoft’s tools and resources.
• Harness Partner Eco-system. Drive through-partner wins that displace the competition: Effectively leverage funding programs to accelerate and close deals. Maximize up-sell and cross-sell deals collaborating with the virtual sales and partner team (based on availability) to present customers the Microsoft ‘cloud’ value proposition, for competitive advantage and new solutions, which aligns to the customer’s objectives and IT initiatives.
• Joint Account Executive and Enterprise Channel Manager account virtual team leadership: Collaborate and orchestrate Microsoft and Partner Sales resources at the right time and level by leveraging a deep understanding of individual account team member strengths, perspectives, and goals.
• Continuous business learning and professional growth: Develop a working knowledge of Microsoft’s Education offerings, establish peer to peer and mentoring, and leverage all training resources.
Microsoft Product knowledge and skills
Compete to win. Knowledge of competitive positioning, ability to effectively compete with Microsoft Technology Platform.
• Fluency in German is essential
• 4-year degree preferred.
• 2-6+ years of technology related sales or business development experience
• 2+ years of education technology sales preferred
• Demonstrated ability to consistently exceed quota by driving deals within a Partner ecosystem.
• Demonstrated understanding of solution selling techniques and selling cloud based solutions.
• Experienced in building strong, collaborative customer relationships with line-of-business and technical roles.
• Can navigate a customer through sales negotiations and/or technical/solutions presentations via the telephone.
• Solid knowledge of the education business, customers, partners, Microsoft strategy and how they work together.
• Able to qualify sales opportunities and position partners in the overall sales process.
• Demonstrated business communication and written skills in the local language and confidence to engage Customers remotely using technology and be able to clearly articulate value of Microsoft Product and Solution offerings
• Has passionate attitude for education technology as an enabler for an helping institutions meet their goals
• Complex sales training (e.g., Miller Hyman, Spin, Michael Bosworth, Challenger, Holden, Krauthammer, etc.), extensive presentation skills,
• Effective marketing tactics, negotiation, financial analysis, Line of Business applications sales experience, business process consulting or automation, CRM, Employee Performance Management (systems and processes).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.