Western Union Accountant in Dublin, Ireland
Job Title: Accountant
Requisition #: 1703105
We’re seeking a Financial Accountant, based in our Richview Office in Dublin. Under supervision of the Accounting Manager, you will prepare monthly management Reports and Balance Sheet summaries for presentation to Regional Finance and International Accounting in Denver, USA. Your responsibilities will include timely and accurate month end close (AP, FA, IC, Payroll & GL) and complete Balance Sheet Reconciliations in line with established timelines. Services are provided in line with US GAAP and the Shared Service Centre's timelines and requirements. You will also be responsible for meeting local fiscal and statutory filings.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
• Work with Accounting Manager to provide accounting services to countries supported by SSC.
• Meet scheduled deadlines for completion of work, presentation of reports, and any other time sensitive responsibilities.
• Delivery of a high quality, customer focused service to customers.
• Preparation of monthly balance sheet, P&L and trend analysis to agreed deadline for International Accounting, Finance and Senior Management.
• Completion of bank reconciliations on a timely basis.
• Running fixed assets additions and depreciation on a monthly basis.
• Preparation of accruals and prepayments schedules on a monthly basis.
• Booking Monthly payroll and liaison with Payroll department on monthly accounting entries.
• Reconciling intercompany accounts.
• Preparation VAT returns and quarterly fiscal returns.
• Completion of monthly reconciliations (MRC) compliant with Company policy.
• Working with Accounting Manager to prepare and file annual financial statements local GAAP.
• Working with Accounting Manager to prepare Tax returns.
What you will need to succeed:
• Certified/Chartered/CIMA Qualified Accountant
• Accounting experience and working to a closing schedule and communicating with Line Management in a service driven customer focused environment.
• Knowledge of Oracle Financials or similar accounting package·
• Knowledge of MS Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
What’s in it for you?
• An attractive base salary is on offer depending on skills and experience and a comprehensive benefits package. As a member of our team you will be also be involved in our global employee recognition program.
• Ongoing learning and career development opportunities.
• An interesting multicultural working environment with the ability to collaborate and link across borders with sector and technical experts in all parts of our business supported by cutting edge technology and systems.
What’s it like here?
The Payments Business Unit of Western Union is one of the world's leading providers of international business payments and foreign exchange. With access to over 130 currencies, we enable companies of all sizes as they move money across borders via a financial network that spans over 200 countries and territories. We’re disrupting fintech with our ground-breaking digital B2B platform, WU EDGE, which helps companies spend less time handling international payments and worrying about foreign exchange exposure, and more time growing their businesses. And we’re just getting started!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity, and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference…on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together on teams. Who knows, your unique point of view could be the key to our next ground-breaking idea. We’d love to explore that possibility!
Western Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or other protected category. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com .