BlackRock Alternative Investors Analyst / Associate in Dublin, Ireland
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa.
Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock Renewable Power (“BRP”) Investment Team is a team within BlackRock Alternative Investors (“BAI”). BRP invests in wind and solar infrastructure assets on a global basis and was formed in 2011 as BlackRock identified the attractiveness of owning real assets and expanded their Alternatives offering through the creation of an infrastructure platform. The team comprises 21 professionals who have significant renewable power/energy expertise. The BAI investment platform currently manages over US$100 billion of assets across a range of alternative investment strategies and to date BRP has invested in over 50 renewables projects across 6 international markets.
This is an opportunity to join the investment team as an analyst with responsibility for project and financial modelling, deal assessment and execution, market research and general analytics.
- Financial modelling:developing, utilizing, analysing and dissecting financial models in order to analyse project opportunities and conduct valuations both at a project and overall Fund level
- Deal assessment and execution:working with the team to assess and execute renewable energy project investments. This will include conducting due diligence, financial review, preparation of presentation material for investment committee etc.
- Market research:including research on potential investments, renewable energy policy, competitors, technology etc.
- Portfolio monitoring:assist in the monitoring of investments in the portfolio, including ongoing interaction with the Finance and Operations teams.
- Significant investment exposure on projects/deals
- Experienced senior team with strong team values
- Collaborative and entrepreneurial work environment
- Strong brand in the fund management and renewable energy industries
- Degree educated with strong academic background
- Previous experience from the financial and/or energy industry focusing on real asset acquisitions/transactions, project and/or corporate finance.
- A keen interest in renewable energy infrastructure investment
- Experience in renewable energy (wind and solar) is desirable but not a requirement.
- Highly numerate with developed quantitative capabilities.
- Demonstrable financial modelling and evaluation skills are critical. In particular, a good understanding of accounting and/or leveraged finance / project finance modelling
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word); very strong Excel skills are required
- Additional European language skills apart from English are desirable but not a requirement
- Able to manage workload effectively and deliver quality work on schedule
- Enthusiasm and commitment to working in a friendly, entrepreneurial, team environment
Job Function: Investment Management (Trading, Research, Portfolio Management)
Organization: Inv-Alt-Real Assets
Title: Alternative Investors Analyst / Associate
Primary Location: EMEA-Ireland-Dublin
Requisition ID: 171833
Job Posting: Jul 12, 2017, 11:25:13 AM