Citi AML Investor Services Manager in Dublin, Ireland
Primary Location: Ireland,Leinster,Dublin
Education: Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Job Function: Institutional Client Service
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17069552
• The purpose of the role is to manage a team of up to 10 analysts and SMEs in a busy deadline driven operational environment.
• To manage the day to day volumes of trades referred by the Transfer Agency to ensure AML compliance in line with Irish Regulations.
• The role will involve assisting the AML Manager in the review of new AML regulations and in implementing policies and practices that ensure compliance.
• Oversight and implementation of effective AML reviews ensuring they align with strategic goals and objectives regarding products and services, organizational structures and existing capabilities.
• Development and utilization of MIS for the team.
Job Background/ Context:
The role reports directly to the AML Manager supporting the Global Fund Services (GFS) business.
The team is responsible for processing subscription and redemption referrals from the GFS TA teams both to confirm minimum acceptance in respect of subscriptions and to review compliance with AML requirements for redemptions.
Citi is operating in a continually changing environment and AML team need to drive forward with sustained change and process improvement.
Key responsibilities Of the Team:
• Day to day management of team and adequate allocation of resource to ensure effective daily trade activity, screening, investor follow up and in-queries within the terms of our internal and external SLA.
• Responsible for follow up with investors regarding outstanding AML documentation and update of records in this regard, in order to be able to report effectively to investors, Clients, Auditors and Internal Compliance, regarding investor AML compliance
• Effective maintenance and archiving of all AML documentation in line with regulation
• Remediation of investor bases converted form other administrators as appropriate
• Implementation of new Clients and streamline process
• Ongoing screening of investor against sanctions lists and appropriate internal and Client reporting based on results
• Preparation for and participation in Client operational calls regarding AML for the Client’s investor base; Due Diligence visits by Clients and Investors; Auditor visits
• Ensuring a framework is in place which cultures strong relationships with External and Internal Stakeholders including Our Clients, the TA teams in Global Fund Services, the Citibank Europe Plc MLRO, the Fund MLRO’s
• Review and implementation of new regulations; To include involvement in all phases of an implementation project, from initial analysis, vendor engagement, testing and roll out into the operations model.
• Review of current processes and systems with the intention of identifying opportunities for operational efficiencies and defining a best in practice operating model for the AML team.
• Management of team and stakeholders through accurate and relevant metrics
• This is an exciting opportunity to work with Clients regarding AML and to expand and develop operational legal and regulatory expertise.
• It is a highly visible role within the bank and the role with allow the successful candidate the opportunity to influence and lead an AML team in a fast paced and evolving financial services organization.
• Provides an opportunity to define and implement a best in practice operating model (including automation) for the AML team in line with Industry and Citi Global Fund Services strategic and operational goals.
• Extensive years funds experience, preferably in a TA/AML or Compliance environment (other AML experience will be considered)
• Ability to demonstrate management, coaching and leadership skill gained as a Team manager
• Detailed knowledge of Irish AML regulations and familiarity with the global AML environment
• Experience of running an operational team of at least 6 people
• Knowledge of hedge and mutual funds, including investor AML
• Experience of core systems used for TA/AML/Record keeping.
• Experience of system development from an SME perspective.
• Experience of process review.
• Strong planning, scheduling and organizational skills.
• Excellent people management, including people development and coaching.
• Ability to delegate, with appropriate controls to ensure effective running of the team.
• Strong risk and control skills.
• Attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
• Ability to demonstrate good leadership and judgment in an ever changing environment
• Agile, adaptable and highly motivated.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to negotiate and influence.
• Demonstrable ability to interact with senior management and clients showing in-depth knowledge of AML.
• Ability to manage numerous competing concurrent activities.
• Highly PC literate with excellent IT skills (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
• Valuing Diversity.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
• Relevant third level qualification
• ACOI or equivalent compliance qualification
• Performance Management/ Coaching/ Leadership training
• Leadership, people management, coaching
• Excellent communication/facilitation skills.
• Excellent time management, problem solving and analysis
• Excellent audit skills, with attention to detail
• Ability to deal positively with challenges and time pressures.
• Ability to draft concise written reports with attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently, and within a team unit.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer