Citi Asset Servicing Rep 5 in Dublin, Ireland
Primary Location: Ireland,Leinster,Dublin
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Transaction Processing
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17049368
The successful candidate will act as a primary subject matter expert for Corporate Actions analytics and processing.
The candidate will have a good understanding of Global Equity and Fixed Income markets, and knowledge Voluntary and Mandatory Corporate Action Events.
Custody & Issuer Operations Dublin comprises of multiple operations groups supporting our Custody (Global and Direct), Agency Securities Lending and Issuer businesses.
Dublin Asset Servicing is responsible for the accurate and timely processing a range of different corporate event types across multiple markets. The department interfaces directly with the local market entities including depositary, counterparts and regulators as well as other Citi lines of business, internal and external clients.
The successful candidate will be required to be a key member of the Corporate Actions team and act as a subject matter expert for a range Corporate Actions event types.
• The candidate will be responsible for processing of all Corporate Action and Income events within their designated section and will work closely with other Team Members and the Team Leader/ Section Manager of the group to address operational issues and work on other Strategic Initiatives.
• The candidate will have a good understanding of Global Equity and Fixed Income markets, across Voluntary and Mandatory Events.
• Responsible for ensuring that day to day processing requirements are complete and controls are adhered to.
• Other responsibilities include event capture, pre/post reconciliation, Client enquiries and Client Instruction handling. Preparation of Management reports and Departmental initiatives, and interfacing with the different teams and the various Asset Servicing locations to ensure timely and accurate processing of all activities on a daily basis within the given timelines. The candidate would also be a key participant for other activities like operational risk and control forums.
• The candidate will be self motivated with a continuous focus on Global Strategy Development, be able to drive change keeping in mind the organisations key objectives of Control, Capacity, Cost, Client and Completeness.
• The accurate and timely processing of all events assigned.
• Adhere to all Departmental Procedures and Controls
• Escalate processing errors and potential risks to line manager upon discovery.
• Where relevant provide detail of exceptions and resolution date to Team Leader.
• Ensure the timely resolution of all Cash and Stock Breaks.
• Ensure MIS is recorded on a weekly basis.
• Monitor and action all daily diary messages.
• Ensure all daily DCFC checklists are completed.
• Provide Support to other Processors on the Team and Department.
• Complete User Acceptance/ Regression Testing on enhancements to system.
• Participate in Contingency Testing
• Assist with Team/ Department Projects"
The appointed person selected will have the opportunity of developing People management and Supervisory skills, as well as increasing Technical and Market knowledge ability. Opportunities will also exist to gain further exposure to other areas around the bank such as Product, and Technology.
The role will involve an increased focus on identifying Control deficiencies, as well as further enhancing the current abilities of the team’s procedures and core processing systems.
• Extensive years of experience working within an asset servicing role
• Income and Corporate Action past experience a benefit
• Process high volumes of work with excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
• Work well under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
• Strong numerical skills.
• Strong investigation and reconciliations ability.
• Controls Focused.
• Strong organisational skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Excellent communication skills
• Innovative thought process to help develop processes
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or related discipline
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer