Amazon.com AWS Operations Manager - based in Cape Town in Dublin, Ireland
Amazon’s technology business has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services. Now, with Amazon Web Services (AWS) you have the chance to help individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications into “the Cloud”. As a member of the AWS Support team, you will be at the forefront of Cloud technologies with interactions with the full breadth of AWS services. You will be surrounded by people that are wickedly smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success.
AWS Support provides global technical support to a wide range of external customers as they build mission-critical applications on top of AWS services such as Amazon S3 and Amazon EC2. We have a team of talented engineers located in a number of global locations.
Amazon Web Services ("AWS") has an opening for an Operations Manager based in Cape Town who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. We are seeking an Operations Manager with strong operational, leadership and technical skills to lead a team of technical support engineers. As an Operations Manager, you will represent Amazon and AWS as your team field’s technical inquiries from customers who want help using AWS services. You'll work directly with AWS engineering teams to ensure that we deliver a high quality, fast resolution customer experience. You will drive customer communication during AWS critical events and drive projects that improve support-related processes and our customer’s technical support experience.
• Passionate about the growth and success of AWS customers.
• Experience in managing technical support teams and will also have a record of driving projects to improve support-related processes and the technical support experience.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, which will be key in driving customer communication during AWS critical events.
• Experience with some of following technologies:
o Web services (SOAP, REST, WSDL, XML)
o Systems administration (Linux and/or Windows)
o Networking (DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, DHCP, Load Balancing)
o Programming / scripting (Java, Perl, Ruby, C#, and/or PHP)
• The Amazon Web Services business requires innovative thinking balanced with a strong customer and quality focus. This leader will have a track record of achieving that balance.
• A degree in computer science, IST, IS, IT or equivalent experience
• Experience with AWS service offerings
• Flexible work schedules (weekends and/or evenings)
• Customer or technical support experience required.
AMZR Req ID: 554631
External Company URL: www.amazon.com