Citi Case Manager in Dublin, Ireland
Primary Location: Ireland,Leinster,Dublin
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Documentation and Information Management
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17048050
The Business Support Unit is an AML/KYC support/control function within the Institutional Clients Group responsible for the preparation, development, due diligence and approval of the electronic KYC Record and supporting appendices in partnership with Relationship Management and Compliance teams.
Every new and existing client of Citi’s Institutional Clients Group is required to have a KYC Record before an account can be opened. The KYC Record outlines important information about the customer.
There is a requirement to conduct research for company information from both internal and external sources, documenting specifics required to satisfy regulations. There are differing requirements depending on where the account is being opened. There is a constant need for KYC Record review as there are periodic renewals of the required due diligence carried out based on the risk of the client.
The BSU owns the end to end KYC process from creation/renewal to approval of the KYC Record and supporting local country appendices.
• Create the KYC Record in the KYC system sourcing information from internal and external sources by the agreed deadline
• Proactively interact with relationship management teams and compliance to update system with information until final approval of
• Review information from internal and external sources for company news (Firm website, Regulatory websites, Company website, Dun
and Bradstreet, Google etc.)
• Validate the information within the KYC Record and CIP document to ensure completeness and accurate (Company/Entity Formation
documents, Ownership, Management, etc.)
• Complete KYC Record incorporating local regulatory requirements / Global BSU Standards and policies
• Take responsibility for KYC Record and associated documentation completion from initiation to approval
• Maintain BSU tool current and be able to demonstrate work carried out
• Report workflow progress to supervisor
• Meet agreed daily targets for KYC Record review and completion within agreed Service Level Agreement timeframes
• Update workflow database regularly throughout the day
• Highlight any discrepancies to Senior Case Managers, Control Team and Section Managers
• Escalate any negative news and high risk cases to RM/PAM/AML Compliance department
Assist in departmental projects as required
Responsible for the due diligence and record creation in the system ensuring highest level of KYC Record quality
Act as the country coordinator (or participate actively when the SCM is the country coordinator – a) coordinate periodic country calls; b) liaise with compliance; c) be the primary contact for country management for KYC related matters
Address feedback from SCM to ensure continuous performance improvement
Ensure initiation email is sent and followed up on as per the prescribed guidelines
Proactively interact via phone/email/IM with relationship management teams and compliance to update system with information
Develop strong working relationships with the RM to support business
Research and collate additional relevant information from internal and external sources to complete KYC Records
Validate the information within the KYC Record to ensure completeness and accuracy (Company/Entity Formation, Ownership, Management, etc.)
Perform name screening of entity, directors, beneficial owners, etc. and its disambiguation, as appropriate to client type
Complete KYC Record Appendix as per local regulatory requirements
Meet agreed daily targets for KYC Record completion, quality, productivity and customer service
Highlight any discrepancies to Senior Case Managers and work with the RM, Compliance, and BSG, EDD and FIU (as applicable) to resolve
Escalate any negative news and high risk cases to RM/AML Compliance/EDD (as applicable)
Conduct, validate and rule out NESS searches or escalate to compliance
Follow expediter process flow and escalate to SCMs, wherever applicable
Monitor their pipeline of work daily (e.g. coming due) and ensure actioned as per agreed timelines
Communication / Reporting
Regularly keep SCMs informed of all significant updates through morning huddles, email etc.
Update BSU/FCB database daily and report progress to supervisor
Accurate time tracking
• Experience in banking, finance or law
• Experience in control/risk or Compliance (AML/KYC) function (an advantage)
• Knowledge and experience of the technologies and processes used in Citi
Knowledge of local regulatory KYC/AML requirements
• Proficient use of Microsoft Applications ( Word, Excel, Access)
• Languages : Fluent English
• Other languages an advantage
Proficient use of KYC applications ( an advantage)
University degree in Law, Business/Finance, Math, Economics.
• Customer Services orientated.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to develop strong professional relationships
• Strong research skills
• Accuracy and strong attention to detail
• Ability to multitask and prioritize
• Ability to work well under pressure and tight time frames
• Strong computer skills
• MIS and metrics and efficiency analysis skills
• Good organizational skills
• Pro-active, flexible, have good organizational skills and must be team player.
Ability to work in a dynamic environment.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer