Veritas Cloud Platform Senior Software Engineer in Dublin, Ireland
Veritas' vision is to enable organizations to thrive in this new world of digital business.
Did you know that the International Data Corporation (IDC) predicts that data will double every 2 years, reaching 44 zetabytes by 2020? That's more bytes than gallons of water in the ocean and an exponentially growing problem for businesses. Veritas helps organizations harness the power of their data & turn it into actionable insights.
We believe information is everything! Data is an organization's digital currency; a critical business asset that is growing in value. We are theonlycompany that provides a data management platform to address the core challenge of accessing, managing, and analyzing all of their data, no matter where it is, in real time - allowing organizations to truly maximize the value of their data.
Veritas iscurrently looking for motivated individuals who not only “do” but are also leaders who influence change and make a difference. The team is always looking for passionate, dedicated individuals who are self-motivated in their work and careers.
Veritas is in the process of building a revolutionary new platform, and is looking for seasoned platform engineers to help build and operate a world-class multi-cloud platform. The ideal candidates will thrive in a challenging, fast paced agile work environment requiring strong problem solving skills, team collaboration, open communication, and a passion for learning and driving state of the art cloud infrastructure technology.
What you will be doing:
- Develop next generation software that support the Veritas cloud and data management platform.
- A self-starter who can motivate the team to execute against the roadmap and strategy to develop next generation features that support the Veritas cloud platform strategy
- Drive a culture of quality first and shared-first mentality in the organization
- Manage regular changes in priority due to customer priority changes
- Keep up with developments / roadmaps
- Automate testing and development of software modules to a high quality standard
- Participate in Agile development activities including sprint planning, stand-ups, retrospectives and demos
- Facilitate, learn-teach-learn approach - mentor and guide with hands-on delivery
- Participate in peer reviews
- Collaborate with local and offshore co-workers
- Debug and solve complex problems either individually or within a team
- Work with your scrum team to continuously improve
What skills, experience and education you need as a team member to succeed:
- 4 years software development (SDLC) experience with current expertise in Backend Java or Java Enterprise Full-Stack with Object-Oriented Design (OO/AD), distributed systems, and multi-threaded application development
- 2-4 years platform engineering experience (Iaas, PaaS, XaaS)
- with a BS/MS degree in Computer Science or a related IT / technology field
- Strong programming experience in Java, C++ or Go with a excellent algorithmic and problem solving skills
- Experience with both SQL, No-SQL databases highly desired.
- Experience with Python and other scripting languages
- Demonstrated track record in building large-scale, highly resilient, distributed REST-based architecture / RESTful Web Services
- Hands-on engineering and implementation knowledge with container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Mesosphere and Swarm.
- Public, Private or Hybrid Cloud experience including AWS, GCP, Azure.
- Experience in Agile development methodologies including unit testing and TDD (test-driven development)
- Working knowledge of delivering into cloud based environments using standard CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Artifactory, Spinnaker, SonarQube) and best practices
- Outstanding problem solving and organizational skills
- Scrum Master or Scrum Team participation
- Experience working with geographically distributed engineering teams
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Continuously looks for ways to improve and sets a very high bar in terms of quality
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com .