Veritas Commercial Manager / Bid Manager in Dublin, Ireland
Commercial Manager / Bid Manager
The role of the Commercial manager is to help drive and increase long term value within the new business environment. Working collaboratively across Sales, Legal, Finance and License compliance management teams the Commercial Manager will drive the deal review process and ensure pricing is market competitive.
The Commercial manager will act as a trusted advisor to the Regional Sales VP, Sales Directors and sales managers and provide education to the Sales and around competitive environment, guidance on discount management and pricing negotiation strategy and deal structure.
In this position, the individual will be part of the Finance Deal Desk team, supporting Field Sales in conducting good, profitable business – balancing pricing, commercial terms and compliance / governance whilst preserving value and supporting drive for new business. Must be able to maintain firm but fair views regarding pricing pressures and the competing objectives that exist when managing strategic opportunities. Key to this is the ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels of the organization and across multiple functions.
The successful candidate should be able to:
• Perform comprehensive multiple element deal reviews in coordination with the Field Sales Teams on high risk/ high complexity deals to determine and understand profitability/margin to advise management provide a positive impact to geo objectives
• Develop, implement and track the success of cost and discounting models to drive and support the sales activity by driving improved economic results
• Must work with Sales, Sales Management, consulting /services teams and renewals to evaluate and structure commercially acceptable transactions that build long-term annuity value.
• Develop guidance/models that help optimize customer lifetime value, approve appropriate market competitive pricing approval and determine ‘walk away’ values
• Provide guidance around characteristics of a “good pricing” using both competitive insight and financial requirements
• Provide metrics and results that chart success of the new business opportunities within the scope of regional and geo objectives
• Provide guidance in what good practice is considered to be and drive a ‘right first time’ approach to process and approval
• Partner to Sales Management by providing recommendations and options regarding market competitive pricing and deal structure with an eye on efficiency for economic optimization
• Develop and control governance around new business process, analytics and pricing performance.
• Work closely with Pricing and Licensing teams, Field Sales teams and other cross functional teams to identify areas of improvement / refinement
• Drive the benchmarking, performance and profitability analysis; evaluating return on investment for high value/complex and multi-element deals
• Strong commercial background, experienced in working in a Commercial Management or Sales environment and in or alongside Sales Operations
• Experience in assessing multiple business and financial factors to make difficult judgment calls
• May have experience in strategic negotiation and mediation
• May have a background in revenue recognition, deal desk, finance, business analysis, market analytics and competitive pricing
• Experience in developing models to drive revenue growth and customer retention
• Background or knowledge in Software and Hardware industry
• Strong communicator and able to work in fast moving, dynamic environment to tight deadlines
• BA or BS with 7+ years in Finance, Sales, Sales Operations, Commercial Management
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com .