First Data Control Officer in Dublin, Ireland
/This role is to work as part of the First Data processing team in Dublin to ensure that the highest standards of control and First Data standards are adhered to. The role will also encompass the control and management of the business control environment. Core to this is the management of control objectives under the SSAE16 standard and the management of internal and external audits which take place through the year. In addition the successful applicant will the responsible for the management of the Business Continuity Plan and the annual testing of same.///
Change Management * Manage and maintain change policy and process for all production implementation. * Where appropriate, define and communicate change freeze periods to Professional Services, IT and Implementations groups. * Manage and maintain the Service Desk system to: o Act as the focal point for all production change, ensure that all relevant parties are kept informed and that all impacts due to change are identified, recorded and mitigated. o Ensure that all relevant parties within First Data are informed of production upgrade schedules and that a sufficient notice period is given to clients. o Maintain a record of all production system changes so that a change history can be referenced if necessary.
- Work with senior management to define and communicate audit policies and procedures.
- Co-ordinate external auditors and internal audit stakeholders.
- Review and maintain audit controls as required.
- Co-ordinate year-round compliance with audit policies and procedures.
- Co ordinate the execution and closure of audit items and communicate updates with the relevant audit teams/stakeholders.
- Oversee the execution of client audits.
- Work with senior management to define and communicate Risk Management policies and procedures.
- Review and maintain Risk Register(s).
- Co-ordinate year-round review of risk and implementation of mitigation or remediation actions required.
- Manage the evolution of the Business Continuity plan and the on-going testing of the plan.
- Communicate with management and stakeholders on key risks and remediation progress.
- Manage and update the DR plan and coordinate the execution of DR testing for the platforms.
- Diploma in computer related discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years in a similar IT change management role.
- Working knowledge of Quality and Change Control methodologies (8D, FMEA, ITIL, etc.
- Working knowledge of Software Development Life
- Cycle (SDLC) methodologies
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Experience working in Oracle and UNIX environments is an advantage
- Project management experience preferably in an IT compliance environment
- Broad IT systems knowledge
- Experience of liaising with auditors and Senior Management.
- Experienced in reviewing and amending change control policies
- Ability to engage with staff across the business in order to offer guidance and enforce compliance to change control policies
- Ability to work off own initiative
- Good communication
- Ability to identify problems and contribute to their resolution
- Ability to respond positively to changing circumstances.
- Working knowledge of business systems and processes
- Commercial awareness.
The ideal person will not only be up to speed with the technical requirements but will be able to demonstrate the following important behaviours: * Team Focused * Analytical & Solution Orientated * Strong Priority Setting * Attention to Detail * Time Management * Business Focused
First Data is a global leader in commerce-enabling technology solutions, serving more than six million business locations and 4,000 financial institutions in 118 countries around the world. Our 23,000 owner-associates are dedicated to helping companies, from start-ups to the world’s largest corporations, conduct commerce every day by securing and processing more than 2,300 transactions per second and $1.9 trillion per year. First Data is committed to staying at the forefront of our industry, and we are innovating a wide range of next-generation commerce technology solutions to help our clients better detect fraud, gain insights into consumer spending patterns and build customer loyalty. There are many exciting opportunities for talented individuals who would like to join our team and play a meaningful role in helping us shape the future of global commerce.
First Data’s Product Development, Client Solutions and Technology functions are responsible for innovation and advancement of our technology solutions across all of our client segments, and make a critical contribution to ensuring that First Data retains its position as a leading technology innovator. Our Product Development teams are responsible for end-to-end ownership of the product life cycle. Our Client Solutions teams deliver global solutions and expertise that make commerce possible. Our Technology teams develop a wide range of applications and solutions that enable next-generation commerce and create the infrastructure of the global commerce ecosystem. They also ensure that our data remains secure through their work in cyber-security.
Job: *Business Support
Title: Control Officer
Location: Ireland-Dublin-Clonskeagh-Dublin - Unit 9 Richview Offic
Requisition ID: 2129370