Google Corporate Operations Engineer in Dublin, Ireland
Technical support for a technology company is a big task. As a Corporate Operations Engineer you are the go-to person for Googlers' computer hardware and software needs, providing front line user support for all of Google's internal tools and technologies. You troubleshoot, respond to inquiries and find solutions to technical challenges. Beyond the day-to-day, you improve the Googler user experience by contributing to longer term projects and documentation efforts. You are highly technical and are comfortable problem solving with multiple operating systems (like OS X, Linux, Windows) and a range of devices (including desktops/laptops, phone systems, video conferencing and various wireless devices). You occasionally partner with various teams including security, networking and infrastructure. You're a fast learner and great communicator who can support the IT needs of global offices of all sizes and Googlers of varying technical backgrounds.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Provide direct user support and administration for Google's corporate resources, tools and applications both on the network as well as through VPN.
- Travel occasionally to provide IT support in distributed offices.
- Provide hands-on and remote support/troubleshooting of integrated video and audio conferencing equipment in conference room and mobile system environments.
- Support complex and highly technical equipment (servers, routers, switches, etc) using established procedures.
- Work with vendors and technical support organizations to coordinate troubleshooting process for all related issues in a timely manner.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Support experience with Linux and Mac OS.
- Expertise in deploying and supporting desktops/laptops, phone systems, video conferencing and various wireless devices.
- Understanding of LAN/WAN and mobile computing environments.
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and make quick decisions with limited information.
- Effective customer service, organizational, prioritization, multitasking, communication, and leadership skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.