Citi Custody Operations Control Officer EMEA in Dublin, Ireland
Primary Location: Ireland,Leinster,Dublin
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Risk Management
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17044278
The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting Independent Control oversight activities for Teams within Custody Operations in EMEA.
Partnering with the C&I Operations team, this role will have responsibility for providing actionable intelligence to our partners, in order to identify and proactively address key Control issues. This includes performing thematic analytical reviews of a regional nature to determine trends and emerging risks.
The role reports to Liam Osborne the Global Head of Controls for Global Custody (reporting to the Global Operations Controls Head for Investor/Custody– Donal Murphy).
The role is responsible for discharging control oversight functions for designated Teams across the EMEA region. Acting in an advisory capacity, coordinating and reviewing MCA results, aiding the business with CAP materiality, managing losses to prevent re-occurrence. Supporting the business with key policy/regulatory and control related changes, projects and initiatives.
Act as a main Control point of contact for designated Custody Operations Teams in EMEA.
Provide advisory on process flows, risks, appropriateness of controls, improvement needs and best practices.
Participate in significant business ad-hoc projects and control initiatives to provide advice and support.
Manage Audit Reviews
Act as a shared owner of Audits and issues to ensure:
• Issues are managed in a timely & appropriate manner
• Fieldwork with IA is coordinated and SMEs engaged as required
• Factual accuracy of issues and responses
• Risks are appropriately dimensioned & consistent with prior audits
• IBAM credit is gained where relevant
Ensure all relevant Polices (Operational and regulatory) are understood and adhered to by Operations
• Review, vet, influence and sign off all new policies affecting ICG O&T control environment before issue
• Provide appropriate communication to ensure Operations are aware of upcoming new policies and provide an impact assessment
Create policy interpretation documentation
• Partner with Operations to implement new policies, including identification of training as required
• Develop tests and checks for policy adherence; embed into MCA where appropriate
• Engage in CASS CMAR Reporting/CASS CAP validation/PS14/9 oversight
Manage full portfolio of Issues and CAPs
Ensure that identified risks are being proactively documented and dimensioned via Issues/CAPs. This includes ensuring that:
• Remediation planning is timely
• Interim mitigating controls and actions are relevant and achievable
• Issues & CAPS meet data quality requirements
• IBAM status is achievable
• Appropriate validation of CAPs / Issues takes place before closure
• Instances where target dates are at risk are escalated
Partner with Operations to ensure Key Risk Indicators are appropriate to provide continual monitoring of the control environment
• Establish KRIs against stated Operations risk appetite levels
• Continually track and monitor KRIs against thresholds
Partner with Operations to ensure MCA is an effective Control / issue identification tool
• Continual review content of MCA with Operations entity owners
• Own the QRA and ARA processes; challenge ratings to ensure the self assessment process is robust, appropriately evidenced and in line with Operations risk appetite
• Conduct periodic Quality Assurance testing of MCA
Drive metrics reporting and control governance forums
• Own and / or contribute to the fulfilment of reporting, disclosure and attestation requirements including support to BRCC’s / monthly controls steering committee, global / regional and line of business Control governance meetings.
• Manage the weekly metrics review of BSER / NSBER
• Perform periodic analysis of key risk indicators/perform thematic reviews and drive initiatives to improve exposure for the business.
• Approve losses in EDCS and partner with Operations to capture root cause, track, learn from and minimise losses / near miss events.
• Approver at New Product Committees
The role is centrally placed and the successful candidate will gain exposure to many disciplines and areas of the business and liaise with senior management and their staff. An insight would be gained in all the disciplines required to manage the business requirements across the key areas of responsibility.
• Ideally the candidate would have a broad knowledge and understanding of all Custody product offerings coupled with a strong background in Controls related functions.
• Highly self-motivated with a strong sense of initiative
• Ability to question status quo
• Proactive, ability to use own initiative and take the lead to devise creative solutions
• A good team player with ability to multi- task and support team members
• Sound business experience of Custody products and processes
• Good understanding of Risk and Control requirements
• Possesses control experience
• No specific qualifications are required but a broad understanding of the Custody business coupled with an understanding of Citi/ICG/O&T policies would be an advantage.
• Prior I.A/Risk and Controls experience would also be beneficial but not mandatory
• Flexibility and resourcefulness
• Ability to work under own supervision
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure and prioritise within tight deadlines
• Confident in ability to achieve objectives by working with and influencing others who are not under their direct control
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer