Citi Customer Specialist 4 - Italian/Spanish in Dublin, Ireland
Primary Location: Ireland,Leinster,Dublin
Job Function: Institutional Client Service
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job ID: 17046791
• Ensure customer queries are answered in the most efficient way possible.
• Ensure incoming enquiries into the Dublin Service Centre are dealt with in an efficient and effective manner.
• Support and strengthen customer needs in an efficient, effective and professional manner and handle exceptional requests when required.
• Review and resolve problems relating to Funds Transfers by conducting necessary analyses and communicating resolution to the customer.
• Service specific customer enquiries accurately and in a timely manner in line with departmental standards
• Provide service and interact with colleagues in line with Citi values and policies.
Citi® Global Transaction Services is a leading provider of cash management, trade, securities and fund services to financial institutions and corporate clients around the world. With a global network spanning 90+ countries, we are uniquely qualified to service clients with local and cross-border interests and provide integrated reporting and management.
Global Transaction Services (GTS) offers a broad range of cash management, treasury, trade, custody, clearing, fund administration, securities financing, depositary receipt, and agency and trust services. Our global platform is unique in the industry for its reach, interoperability and flexibility. It provides clients with timely, accurate information and dynamic, web-based tools to effectively manage their securities portfolios, financial positions, working capital and supply chain around the world. Combined with a worldwide network of dedicated and experienced transaction services professionals, Global Transaction Services is well suited to serve clients anywhere they do business.
The Cash Customer Service Department, a unit within Global Transaction Services, is the first point of contact for day-to-day enquiries for clients who hold bank accounts with Citi branches across EMEA. The Customer Service department receive new enquiries via phone or e-mail relating to general queries on accounts (statements, balances, interest conditions etc), missing payments, status updates on pending investigations, urgent payment monitoring etc. Customer Service works closely with other departments (processing and investigation units) to resolve issues for clients on a timely basis and to ensure that clients receive updates on their queries.
• Receive investigation/enquiry cases from customers, solve directly (quick-kills) or pass on to the investigations unit, keep customer informed of status and follow up on enquiries. Log all calls received in STaRS.
• Acknowledge, investigate and resolve all enquiries received from customers in a timely and professional manner.
• Inform customer of incoming funds and account balances where applicable.
• Co-ordinate and control special cash transactions where applicable
• Develop and maintain excellent customer contacts, supported by customer visits and calls if appropriate.
• Ensure that all resolutions and/or recommendations are effectively communicated to the customer.
• Communicate with third party banks and Citi Branches in order to resolve investigations that are common to both parties.
• Proactively inform customer about problems(system failures, market issues)
• Timely follow up on customer complaints
• Regular proactive review of customers’ payments and investigations ratios.
• Provide information on queries relating to interest and billing on customer accounts.
• Effectively liaise with other Customer Service teams and departments
• Opportunity to work on cross Branches and Citi Products
• Client management through either a Designated Customer listing or Product Client database
• Participate in Client Visits and presentations
• Develop relationships with Internal clients
All new hires that have not attained a third level qualification are required to complete the Citigroup Certificate in Applied Financial Services. This course is taught by the Institute of Bankers via blended learning; average study lime required is 4-5 hours per week.
The course is a 9-month programme, incorporating 2 modules:
Financial Services Environment
Financial Services Applications
The course is externally accredited via University College Dublin and carries 10 credit points within the European Credit Transfer System. More details will be made available to you if you are offered a role with Citigroup.
• Excellent communication skills.
• A commitment to the delivery of quality customer service.
• Ability to liaise with demanding clients.
• Strong investigative and analytical skills.
• Ability to work independently within a team environment.
• Computer literate and good typing skills
• European Languages where necessary
• Team player
• Planning and Organising
• Communication/Interpersonal Skills
• Managing Client Relations – Not fully necessary but would be advantageous
• Self Motivated/Results Orientated
• Project Management - Not fully necessary but would be advantageous
• Leadership/Staff Management - Not fully necessary but would be advantageous
• Minimum Leaving Certificate/Or Equivalent
• Primary Location: EMEA-IRL-L*-Dublin
• Schedule: Full-time
• Shift: Day Job
• Employee Status: Regular
• Minimum Basic Computer Skills
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer