Google Data Center Security Manager in Dublin, Ireland
From keeping Googler’s safe and secure to managing disruptive events, the ability to anticipate, deter, detect, and act are the pillars of Google’s Global Security and Resiliency Services (GSRS) team. As a member of GSRS you will help develop a culture where safety, security and resiliency are integrated into every facet of Google, including the creative process. You will help us continually identify, evaluate and monitor enterprise risks that could affect business activities and provide business leaders the information they need to make critical decisions. You'll collaborate with cross-functional teams to create innovative strategies and develop best in class programs that drive sustainable effectiveness.
As a Data Center Security Manager, you are responsible for day-to-day physical security of Google's Data Centers.
You will be in charge of managing vendors, providing security services, while also maintaining close partnerships with cross-functional teams in order to ensure a secure working environment. You may also be occasionally required to travel to collaborate on projects within the region.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Act as a primary point of escalation for major events at the site.
- Develop strategies to improve efficiencies.
- Drive site-level development programs to assist business partners.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in managing security-related operations in a security environment.
- Experience in security team management for multiple data center operations or similar industrial infrastructure and building high-performance security teams
- Experience in security technologies including CCTV, Access Control, Incident Management Systems and Security Operations Centers.
- Experience in Project Management.
- Excellent people management skills, working with contractor staff and control center operations.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.