Amazon.com Database Support Engineer - Amazon Web Services in Dublin, Ireland
Amazon was recently voted #5 most admired company in the US, #1 most innovative, and #1 in Customer Service. Amazon’s technology business has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services. Now, with Amazon Web Services (AWS) you have the chance to help individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications into the Cloud. As a member of the AWS Support team, you will be at the forefront of Cloud technologies with interactions with the full breadth of AWS services. You will be surrounded by people that are wickedly smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success.
AWS Support provides global technical support to a wide range of external customers as they build mission-critical applications on top of AWS services such as Amazon S3 and Amazon EC2. We have a team of talented Support Engineers located in 8 countries around the world, and are growing rapidly.
We are seeking Support Engineers with a specialty in database technologies.
· Strong Linux system administrator skills
· Strong skills in one or more of following:
· Db performance tuning and troubleshooting
· Experienced setting up monitoring / alarming for production DB environments
· Some experience with NoSQL technologies like DynamoDB , Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra or Riak
· ETL experience in managing data workflow jobs
· Experienced with Linux system monitoring and analysis
· Good understanding of distributed computing environments
· Technology-related Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Customer service experience / strong customer focus
· Strong multi-tasking skill
· Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills and experience
· Self-starter who is excited about learning new technology
· Some experience with query analyzers and query tuning / slow query optimization etc.
· Networking (DNS, TCP/IP)
· Exposure to Virtualization (VMware, Xen, Hypervisor)
· Prior working experience with AWS - any or all of EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, RDS, Dynamo DB, EMR
· Exposure to security concepts / best practices
· Expertise with IPsec, VPN, Load Balancing, Iperf, MTR, Routing Protocols, SSH, Network
· Monitoring / Troubleshooting tools
· Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
AMZR Req ID: 438124
External Company URL: www.amazon.com