Citi Derivatives Analyst in Dublin, Ireland
Primary Location: Ireland,Leinster,Dublin
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Transaction Processing
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17040815
The purpose of this role is to assist with the development, configuration, implementation and testing of derivatives. The role will be split between the newly formed Project team and the Complex Pricing Group.
The successful individual will focus mainly on research and development, however they will be required to complete some BAU tasks from time to time.
Global Funds Services is a leading provider of, trade, securities and fund services to financial institutions, corporate and public sector clients around the world.
The service offering encompasses OTC Middle Office and Portfolio Accounting services for new and existing clients. This is an area of significant growth across our service sites. As our service offering has become increasingly global and multi-functional, there is a requirement to recruit and develop individuals with a detailed and comprehensive of OTC derivatives and middle office services. The incumbent will have a strong and detailed understanding of our end-to-end operations. He or she will assist both the Project and Complex Pricing teams complete their goals.
• Research new over the counter products.
• On-board new derivative product types. Working with data providers, Citi in house valuations and third party vendor valuations to return prices back to our clients.
• Investigate and resolve valuation issues between vendor, Investment Manager/Counterparty, and in-house derivative prices.
• Help strengthen and support existing procedures and methodologies. Identify areas where reporting can be automated and operational risk can be further reduced
• Utilise a detailed knowledge of OTC derivatives to assist with any client queries.
• Complete BAU tasks on an ad hoc basis for the Complex Pricing Group.
The appointee to this role will have the opportunity to work across two operational teams and gain a wealth of experience in OTC derivatives. The individual will gain an insight into the workings of a dynamic and growing operational unit, complete large projects and will be exposed to some of Citi’s top tier institutional clients.
• Extensive years professional experience is required for this role. Relevant experience in the valuation of derivatives is essential.
• The candidate must demonstrate a keen interest in the workings of financial markets and OTC derivatives in particular.
• Advanced knowledge of Excel.
• Coding knowledge: VBA, SQL essential. Oracle beneficial.
• Candidates with knowledge of Calypso Technology will have distinct advantage.
• Familiarity with vendors such as Bloomberg, SuperD, Tulletts, MarkIt important.
• B.S/Masters in quantitative field, preferably in Mathematics/ Finance/ Statistics/Engineering.
• Strong quantitative analysis.
• Sound business analysis.
• First rate communication.
• High level of computer literacy.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organizational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer.