First Data Director Compliance in Dublin, Ireland
AIB Merchant Services (AIBMS) a Payment Institution authorised and regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland are recruiting for a Compliance Director. AIBMS is a joint venture between First Data and AIB Bank in Ireland.
This senior position is a member of the AIBMS senior management team and manages the company’s regulatory compliance processes, projects and programs. The role has reporting lines into the AIBMS General Manager as well as the First Data EMEA Head of Regulatory Compliance. The successful candidate will work closely with the General Manager to ensure AIBMS’s adherence to its regulatory obligations and will promote the actions required to support the effective delivery of our 3 lines of defence compliance program.
Key responsibilities include:
* Key interface for the Central Bank of Ireland, Financial Conduct Authority and other regulatory bodies as appropriate. This includes the ownership of regulatory queries, regulatory inspections, as well as internal or client audits as they relate to compliance matters.
* Appointed Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) for the company as approved by the Central Bank of Ireland with responsibility for ensuring compliance with the company’s Anti-Money Laundering/Customer Due Diligence obligations. This includes ensuring appropriate procedures, training and controls are in place.
* Remain current on ever changing regulatory environment and provide on-going consultancy and guidance to the business on all compliance related issues including the interpretation and analysis of future regulations. This will require close working with the business to assess impact of regulatory change and the development of new or updated business systems processes and procedures to ensure company obligations are met.
* Independently assess and determine appropriate resolution actions relating to regulatory compliance matters arising from business queries, testing and monitoring results, or non-compliance with relevant AIBMS Policies and procedures.
* Timely escalation of concerns relating to the company’s compliance obligations to the AIBMS Audit & Risk Committee, AIBMS Board of Directors and First Data Head of Regulatory Compliance or regulatory bodies as appropriate.
* Responsible for a small team of direct reports which includes goal setting, career development, reviews and overall management of the compliance team. * Develop and implement annual compliance plans and monitoring programmes including updates to the AIBMS Audit Committee and AIBMS Board of Directors. * Support the business in the evaluation of new business opportunities from a regulatory compliance perspective * Contributes and supports the delivery of cross-organisational regulatory compliance, business and system regulatory compliance development related projects (includes completion and approval of testing, user documentation, and learning plans).
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:- * 8- 10 years Irish regulatory compliance experience, preferably within payments or financial services. * Excellent verbal, written and communication skills. * Proficiency with Microsoft Office products. * Highly organised and detail oriented. * Proven ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment. * Ability to challenge quality/consistency of the status quo. * Ability to prioritise workload and manage multiple responsibilities effectively without losing attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Title: Director Compliance
Location: Ireland-Dublin-Clonskeagh-Dublin-First Merchant Processi
Requisition ID: 2121830