Citi Enterprise Risk Senior Manager - VP in Dublin, Ireland
Primary Location: Ireland,Leinster,Dublin
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Risk Management
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17051024
Reporting to the Head of Enterprise Risk, this person is responsible for coordinating and driving core risk governance processes for CEP. These include, but are not limited to, the Material Risk Assessment and Evaluation Process, the review and updating of the Board’s Risk Appetite Statement in connection with the Strategic Plan, the Risk Department’s inputs and challenge to the ICAAP (Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process) and ILAAP (Internal Liquidity Adequacy Assessment Process), oversight and monitoring of CEP’s material Risk Frameworks and Policies.
The CEP Risk Management function is responsible for the holistic management of risk across all business lines and locations of Citibank Europe plc.
In line with Citi’s EMEA Strategy of “One Branch, One Bank, One Broker-Dealer” CEP merged with another Citi EMEA Banking subsidiary in January 2016, resulting in a doubling in size of CEP which now has a footprint covering 21 countries. CEP is the main EU licensed banking entity in region for Citi. This has triggered CEP being classified as a Europe-wide “Significant Institution” (November 2016) and is now directly supervised by the European Central Bank in Frankfurt.
The CEP Risk Management Department is expanding to meet the requirements and expectations of a significant financial institution and requires an experienced senior manager to join the Enterprise Risk team to support core, bank-wide, risk governance processes.
To work with the CEP Head of Enterprise Risk, Risk Function Heads and Risk colleagues to support timely, robust and overarching risk governance processes.
Key responsibilities include:
• Act as the Head of Enterprise Risk’s key contact person for material risk governance processes.
• Coordinate and manage the annual Material Risk Assessment and Evaluation process, involving all Business Lines, Corporate Treasury, Operations and IT, Finance and Risk.
• Lead the review, analysis and update of the Board-approved Risk Appetite Statement which sets limits of tolerance in pursuit of its Strategy. This requires working with and seeking input from colleagues across all three lines of defence.
• Lead the Risk Department’s input to and challenge of the ICAAP and ILAAP.
• Document the outcome of these processes and prepare and present to senior management and the Board as appropriate on developments and proposed changes.
• Ensure Risk Frameworks and Risk Policies are reviewed in line with and the agreed schedule and that any material changes arising from these reviews are recommended to the Board for approval.
• Monitor and report on progress against the Communication and Implementation Plans associated with Risk Frameworks and Policies.
• Oversee and support the monthly Chief Risk Officer risk reporting cycle.
• Ensure that all aspects of the risk management processes, including tools and systems to identify, assess, measure, manage, monitor and report risks are in place (perhaps this applies to the full Risk team)
• Ensure that risk and control assessment reporting process (including reporting to senior management) is well defined and effective.
• In-depth experience of regulatory requirements and industry best practice in respect of the risk management of a licensed banking legal vehicle.
• Significant interaction with a wide range of senior bank and risk management colleagues and Board members Holistic understanding of the various Citi risk processes and functions.
• Be part of a larger organization where team work, professionalism and integrity are an integral part of the provision of banking services
• Contribution to the development of a holistic Risk function which meets best in class risk governance standards.
• Detailed knowledge and experience of enterprise risk management and governance processes in a significant licenced banking institution.
• Strong familiarity with regulatory landscape facing EU banks.
• Extensive banking experience with Risk specialisation
• Third level qualification in Risk Analytics, Business, Accountancy, Economics, Maths, or Legal.
• Courses in risk management and/ or regulation.
• Excellent documentation and written skills
• Superior skills in creating and delivering presentations which explain complex risk concepts in simple and concise terms.
• Sufficient grasp of relevant detail to question uncertainties and provide constructive challenge
• Ability to interact across all areas of the organisation and at all levels.
• MS Office Skills
• Unrelenting focus on delivery.
• Self-starter who takes ownership of assigned work.
• Highly organised and able to work to tight deadlines.
• Express complex issues simply.
• Strong team player.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer