Amazon.com Fiber Deployment Engineer in Dublin, Ireland
The Deployment Engineer (DE) is responsible for managing some of the most technical, cost efficient, and fast paced communication construction project schedules achievable. Amazon Deployment Engineers are constantly challenged to drive continuous improvement and deliver the highest quality, most technically efficient connectivity solutions in the world.
As a Deployment Engineer you will be a part of highly creative, efficient team tasked with tackling the most fascinating and challenging problems in fibre construction. Amazon Deployment Engineer's are always at the forefront of the construction industry in terms of innovation, and maintain a focus to deliver the most innovative products to our customers.
Our networks are industry leading in terms of capacity and cost effectiveness. The DE is ultimately responsible for the day to day construction oversight and management of the contractors. The DE will also be utilized as a leader in their specific discipline (construction management, fibre splicing, OSP Design, ISP Construction or system installation/commissioning) and be responsible as a team member for delivering construction of some of the most complex networks in the world.
· Project management and oversight of construction related activities for new builds or general capital projects. This will include the ownership of the project scope, timeline, and budget.
· Ensure the construction standards are followed.
· Perform quality audits and ensure issues are remediated before the vendors are released from the project.
· Understand the metro fibre market segments, customer base, and industry verticals.
· Interface with key internal stakeholders (e.g. Networking, Data Center Engineering, PMs, Data Center Management, security, etc ) to obtain their requirements and drive vendors to adhere to these key elements.
· Interface with data center providers to drive equipment and circuit installations.
· Understand the technical requirements of our engineering teams and ensure the completed project meets these requirements.
· Understand fibre deployment types and insure that diversity requirements that are required are met.
· Deep understanding of the fibre construction process.
· Prepare and give status reviews to the management team regarding progress and roadblocks on the project.
· Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of our key markets.
· Handle ad-hoc incoming inquiries and problems to ensure the construction programs continue on schedule
· Creation of project scope and equipment requirements, assist with request for proposals, and capital requests.
· Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
· Ability to work across multiple time zones
· Willing to travel 25-50% of the time.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Vet
Visit www.amazon.jobs for more information.
· The right person will be highly technical and analytical, possess 5-7 years of network construction management and/or program/product management experience in an telecom environment.
· Understand the fibre business and have worked on multiple telecom construction programs.
· Excellent attention to detail is essential
· Ability to prioritize multiple competing demands to deliver for the customers in a specific time window.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
· Having strong contacts in fibre, transport and infrastructure markets.
· Good technical understanding of transport technologies (Fibre, DWDM, etc.)
· Has led multiple large network construction programs..
· Ability to speak multiple languages
· International business experience.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
AMZR Req ID: 498385
External Company URL: www.amazon.com