Cisco Global Systems Engineer - CGEM (Dublin) in Dublin, Ireland
Global Systems Engineer - CGEM (Dublin)
Location: Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
Area of Interest Engineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Big Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything
Job Id 1213125
What you'll do
GES are looking for an experienced systems engineer up to SE III (Grade 10) looking to build out their career to the next level. The ideal candidate will have extremely strong Enterprise & Core networking skills with a flair and drive in datacentre technology and be able to participate with the Financial Services technical team. The ideal candidate will help drive key deals in selected account as well as being an advocate for the customer within Cisco and contribute to a Global Cisco team.
In this job you will:
• Translate enterprise customer needs in high level solutions design.
• Bring new networking technologies to market.
• Liaise with the Business Units and Technical Marketing to understand our products, technologies and Services.
• Continuously help develop our solutions by providing feedback from the field.
• Prepare model RFP's and response to customer RFP's.
• Conduct training and technical workshops for Customers and internal teams.
• Understand competitor offerings and provide input to the sales team on product positioning and differentiation.
• Represent Cisco on community forums and customer facing events.
• Handle post-sales escalation and resolve issues, by coordinating and working with all internal and external stakeholders.
The network touches everything: come and define it with us.
Who You'll work with
Systems Engineers in Cisco are technical leads that advice and support Sales teams with pre-sales and deep technical knowledge.
You’ll get to work across a vast portfolio of Switching, Routing, Network Orchestration, Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Internet of Things and Security.
This opportunity will touch a variety of Cisco technology solutions, focusing on the Enterprise business sector.
Who You Are
• Strong understanding of Campus networking (L2/L3), Software Defined Networking , Datacentre virtualization, Orchestration and NFV for enterprise application orchestration is highly desirable.
• Industry knowledge of relevant solutions sets, product line specifications, performance criteria and applications.
• You bring 4 + years pre-sales engineering or technical customer facing experience.
• You have BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering or related discipline.
• Preferably have CCNA, CCNP or CCIE certifications.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Write and speak English fluently.
Have close working knowledge of key technology firms such as EMC, Intel, Adobe
Ability to demonstrate past or previous influence points/solutions for these key clients
Ability to show preference or solution influence with key business architects Knowledge of customer datacentre trends, compute x86 strategy and implications of top-of-rack solutions
• Thorough understanding and deep dive into some or all of the following technologies : Cisco DC Solutions including but not limited to UCS Compute, Nexus 9k, 7K , ACI , Policy Orchestration tools, iWAN and applicable branch office technologies
• Knowledge of Cisco products and Cisco certifications are preferred.
• Adept at using initiative, discretion and judgment to apply technical solutions to complex sales opportunities.
• Adept at customer interactions from the CIO through to technical staff.
• Knowledge of sales cycle.
• Impactful verbal and written communication and strong presentation skills.
• Great relationship building skills, tenacity, resilience.
• Ability to work independently and remotely as well as with your team to accomplish objectives.
• Good understanding of the market space and offerings.
• Ability to train and coach others in our enterprise technologies.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.