Microsoft Corporation Global Technical Learning Specialist Team Manager in Dublin, Ireland
Global Technical Learning Specialist Team Manager
Worldwide Inside Sales (WWIS)
Microsoft is empowering every person and every organization on the planet to do more and achieve more. We have set ourselves three bold ambitions: create more personal computing, reinvent productivity and business processes and build the intelligent cloud. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day.
As part of our transformation, one of our key areas of focus is the modernization of our sales motions. The Worldwide Insides Sales (WWIS) organization is a newly formed organization with a charter to accelerate Microsoft’s growth in its cloud-first, mobile-first businesses along with the traditional businesses. This organization is at the forefront of establishing a new sales model leveraging modern technology and big data and analytics to drive impactful demand response and targeted sales coverage.
Are you an entrepreneur at heart who prefers working in a hyper-collaborative environment to get your creative juices flowing? We are looking for a world-class WWIS Global Technical Learning Specialist Team Manager who supports the growth of the WWIS Sales Learning and Delivery team members and, in turn, our global seller community by delivering and facilitating industry recognized technical sales training that will prepare them to offer a world-class customer experience.
This individual will be responsible for supporting the growth of the WWIS Technical Sales Learning & Delivery specialist team globally by educating them on the Microsoft technical sales basics, product, solutions and services technical readiness, reviews and plans, demos and proofs of concepts that will offer a world-class customer experience. WWIS is partnering with Worldwide Learning & Readiness to implement a world class sales certification and readiness program called Microsoft Digital Seller. You will work in a high-energy environment to deliver innovation and value to WWIS sellers within a fast-paced, transformative start-up within the company.
• Manage a dispersed, global team of technical sales learning and delivery specialists based within the Americas, EMEA, and Asia Sales Centers.
• Partner with Worldwide Learning & Readiness in order to identify and capture skills needs, build, maintain and continuously improve on a world class and globally consistent technical Microsoft Digital Seller curriculum which delivers great customer outcomes and exceed revenue targets. Curriculum includes:o New hire onboarding – L50, L100, L200 technical sales content and boot camps o Technical sales plays and customer conversations o Technical skills updates, whiteboarding and services demonstrations o MTC Zero demonstrations
• Work across WW Insides Sales Corporate Teams, and in partnership with Worldwide Learning & Readiness and Field teams to identify, prioritize, and land world-class technical sales readiness solutions for our sellers to deliver great customer outcomes and exceed revenue targets.
• Drive agreed and targeted KPIs within the centers by ensuring technical trainers are coaching sales teams on the following:o Core Microsoft Digital Seller Curriculum o Cloud Infrastructure & Applications and Data & Analytics o Technical Demonstrations o Value based selling
Capture feedback metrics around the Microsoft Digital Seller curriculum and ensure targets (NSAT / readiness impact scores, etc.) are met or exceeded.
• Partner to drive, evolve and redesign best in class new hire technical experience. Explore new models, modalities and requirements by role.
• Partner within WWIS to champion technical boot camp delivery, assessments and new offering development
• Manage global technical trainer skills development, Train-the-Trainer program and other industry needs.
• Track and report on delivery specialists/trainer ‘utilization’ metrics to ensure optimum business impact.
• Support your team in partnership with center leadership to develop and conduct training needs analysis in local sales centers and curriculum
• Provide innovative thinking to continuously evolve how WWIS delivers high quality readiness at scale for the Sales Centers. Ensure modern learning approaches are employed as appropriate avoiding a default to classroom. Measure and publish results to ensure needs have been met. Act as the go-to for sales training support for all team members.
• Build outstanding relationships with WWIS leadership and technical sales managers across all sales sites.
• Serve as an ambassador for the WWIS vision to deliver exceptional results while leading and accelerating Microsoft’s inside sales transformation.
• Budget Management
• 10+ years of experience in a business or related field. Experience in outside or inside technology sales or facilitated delivery preferred.
• Strong Cloud Application and Infrastructure hands-on experience, Data & Analytics experience, as well as other Microsoft platform product knowledge and experience.
• BS/BA required, MBA preferred.
• Previous people management experience preferred.
• Proven experience and capability in navigating, networking, and influencing in a global organization with matrixed divisions.
• Proven experience working in global organizations with a recognition of unique cultural and geographic business needs and differences.
• Ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities across worldwide based talent in multiple time zones.
• Excellent organizational and people leadership capabilities. Passion and ability to deliver sales readiness across multiple modalities in an effort to develop talent, and foster a high performing and diverse and inclusive culture.
• Experience building a new business and process from idea to results.
• Flexibility to handle directional changes with the ability to juggle moving priorities to ensure project success.
• Ability to contribute consistently and positively in a high-paced, fast-changing and sometimes unpredictable work environment.
This position will report to the WWIS Director of Learning & Delivery and require up to 30% international travel.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.