Google Head of Scaled Support Operations, EMEA/LATAM in Dublin, Ireland
Google’s Consumer Operations team is on a mission to delight the hundreds of millions of consumers who rely on our flagship products like Gmail, Android, Chrome and Google Play. We’re an operational team that focuses on delivering excellent customer care and being there for consumers when they need us most. Our team engages consumers across the globe through our online resources and communities, social outreach, and 1:1 care. We represent the voice of the consumer and work closely with cross-functional partners across Google to make our products and policies better. We're looking for people with excellent analytical and communication skills who are passionate about the consumer and helping them get the most out of Google.
The Consumer Operations team is all about focusing on the user. You'll work on our flagship consumer products like Gmail, Chrome, Android and Maps to actively support global users through help centers, online communities and social media. In this highly cross-functional team, you are the voice of our users and help ensure we are constantly improving the user experience.
As the Scaled Support Manager, you will inspire a team of Community Managers to create world-class support communities and social channels for the millions of people who use Google products every day. You will be responsible for driving an innovative community strategy across a suite of consumer products and leading a team of community managers to achieve strategic business goals. You will collaborate cross-functionally to develop and evolve scalable community experiences that inspire users to get the most out of Google products. In addition, you'll develop and scale best practices across teams in order to increase community and social engagement, product adoption, issue resolution and user retention.
Google Technical Services is a global support and operations team, with a mission to delight our customers with care so good, it’s got to be Google. Our team is the face of Google to most of our customers, and we want their Google support experience to set new standards, just like Google’s products do. Our team cares for customers by solving problems and scaling solutions, incubating new Google products, and sharing user feedback with internal teams to influence product development. We support a wide variety of products, from Ads to Project Fi and just about everything in between, and our customers include advertisers, consumers, partners, publishers, retailers, and our own Sales Googlers.
- Lead and coach a regional team to deliver effective customer support in relation to communities, social media, help, and other market relevant channels.
- Develop, drive, and optimize the global Community and Social strategy across multiple Google products, including user experience, channel strategy and operating models. Drive innovation and experimentation in community engagement, support for social media, and other market relevant channels.
- Deliver market level-insights that will help determine the best support strategy for that market and/or will influence the Product teams to improve associated products.
- Identify and oversee data-driven analyses and initiatives to improve operational performance of help/community/social channels. Recommend and implement changes, based on insights, to existing products, policies, and processes that improve overall performance, efficiencies and user experience.
- Work closely with cross-functional partners to deliver the best user experience.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in cultivating and maintaining working relationships with international organisations/clients.
- Relevant experience in technology, management consulting, community management, social media, customer support and operations.
- Demonstrated record of driving results, with strong analytical skills.
- Excellent project manager and self-starter, with the ability to work independently across multiple concurrent initiatives in a fast paced environment with evolving priorities.
- Ability to create and gain support for a compelling vision.
- Effective leadership and management skills, with the ability to develop and inspire team members.
- Effective communication and influencing skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.