Google International Policy and Legal Manager, Trust and Safety, YouTube in Dublin, Ireland
Fast-paced, dynamic and proactive, YouTube Trust and Safety is dedicated to ensuring that YouTube is a place for users, viewers, and creators around the world to belong, create, and express themselves. Whether understanding and solving their online content concerns, navigating within global legal frameworks, or writing and enforcing worldwide policy, the Trust & Safety team is on the frontlines of enhancing the YouTube experience, building internet safety, and protecting free speech in our ever-evolving digital world.
The YouTube Trust and Safety Policy Operations team is responsible for making the internet safer and defending our brand, by ensuring that questionable content (videos, comments, etc) does not degrade the user experience. As the International Policy and Legal Manager, you will be directly responsible for ensuring that users have a great experience in EMEA, that content policies are appropriately enforced and our teams globally are aligned and coordinated in their policies, responses, and implementation. You will partner with the regional Senior Leadership, Public Policy, Public Relations and Government Relations teams to share progress on Policy and Legal enforcement.
YouTube has grown into a community used by over 1 billion people across the globe to access information, share video, and shape culture. The YouTube team helps budding creators build careers, creates products like YouTube Kids, YouTube Music, and YouTube Gaming, and engages communities around shared passions and global conversations. Together, we empower the world to create, broadcast, and share.
- Lead, motivate and grow teams, ensuring they deliver effective performance.
- Deliver, manage and implement EMEA specific strategy to compliment the Global strategy for Content Policies and continue to improve the user experience, and reduce legal and regulatory risk.
- Ensure that EMEA achieves goal (cost, quality, scale and CSAT), across all policies, engaging actively with the Policy and Operations teams.
- Build partnership with EMEA Policy, Legal, PR and GR teams to ensure that EMEA-level risks are well understood and programs are put in place to address.
- MBA or other advanced degree, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in internet services, management consulting or other relevant field
- Experience in managing, coaching and developing a team.
- Experience in building data-driven strategy/business proposals.
- Experience in legal, content policy and/or anti-abuse operations.
- Ability to working in a fast-paced, constantly evolving and collaborative environment, with the ability to deliver an excellent customer experience.
- Excellent strategic and analytical capabilities, including using data to drive strategy and business action.
- Excellent and communication skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with cross functional partners, and executives.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.