Microsoft Corporation Mechanical Engineer in Dublin, Ireland
Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure and Operations (MCIO) is the engine that powers Microsoft's cloud services. The team is responsible for designing, building and operating our unified global datacenters; managing the demand planning and capacity utilization of our unified infrastructure; and responsible for all of the operations needed to run the physical infrastructure (including supply chain, hardware, power, security, and workflow teams). We focus on smart growth with an emphasis on automation, data driven engineering, cost-effectiveness and environmental sustainability.
We deliver the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform. Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our portfolio is built and managed by a team of subject matter experts working 24x7x365 to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
At the forefront of the action in MCIO is our Datacenter Operations Group:
• In the Mechanical Engineer role you will have an opportunity to work alongside a dynamic team of industry professionals across the Information Technology (IT) and Critical Environments (CE) spectrum, to support 24x7x365 on-site DC operations and mechanical infrastructures.
• You will be the technical authority for on-site operations related to a large-scale mission critical mechanical system and design. From establishing and coordinating maintenance & safety procedures, maintaining redundant high-capacity cooling systems; to operating and supporting (emergency) datacenter backup electrical systems.
• You will steward vital infrastructure supporting deployments of Microsoft's online services. You will manage the mechanical systems throughout this location, all built using cutting edge datacenter-industry designs and equipment
• Excellent customer service, interpersonal awareness, and communication skills will be pivotal in bringing your technical abilities to life, supporting Microsoft’s future success!
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience:
• 5+ Years’ experience operating mission-critical, revenue-dependent, 24x7x365 facilities or mechanical infrastructures
• Strong technical knowledge in the operation of facility environments' various heating and cooling systems. (Centrifugal chillers, chilled water, closed loop, adiabatic, thermal storage cooling systems, CRAH/CRAC, etc.)
• Strong practical experience with building management/automation systems, AHU control strategies, and automation/networking protocols, controls and frameworks
• Experience with alternative, energy efficient water treatment methodologies and developing chemistry programs for processed water treatment
• Deep understanding of maintenance and operation of critical environment backup ventilation and electrical equipment. (Air Handling Units, Evaporative cooling systems, Diesel generator engines, radiator, and ventilation systems, fuel oil storage, distribution, and protection systems, etc.)
• Knowledge of construction and commissioning techniques, terminology, and documentation (Ability to interpret blueprints, electrical one-lines, construction drawings etc.)
• Bachelor/Master degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Process Engineering preferred
Microsoft is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the work place.